YouTube Music is a music streaming service developed by Google-owned online video-sharing platform YouTube in 2015.
Unfortunately, the service is not accessible from all over the world, so instead of being disappointed because YouTube Music is not available in your country, you should continue to read, as we came up with solutions.
With YouTube Music, you can listen to official songs, albums, playlists, artist radios, remixes, and live versions of songs either through the web player or the mobile app.
You can use the service as a free version if you don’t care about advertisements or as a premium tier in which case you will be able to play your favorite songs ad-free.
With a premium version, you can listen to music in the background on your mobile device if you wish to exit the app but continue listening thereafter and you can also download songs for offline playback.
If you want to find where YouTube Music is currently available, you can check the list and look whether your country is on it or not.
In the unfortunate event that your country is not on the list, you should try the solutions presented below and we can assure you of success afterward.
What should I do if YouTube Music is not available in my country?
1. Use a VPN service
Regardless of whether you want to use the service on a mobile device, tablet or PC, using a VPN service is one of the best methods that will allow you to bypass geo-restrictions if YouTube Music is not available in your country.
A VPN (virtual private network) service will basically replace your current IP address with one in a country where the service is currently available.
For example, if you choose to connect from the United States, YouTube music will detect a user from the USA even though your physical address is in a country where YouTube Music is not available.
In addition, a VPN also encrypts your traffic between the internet and your device and therefore, your ISP (Internet Service Provider) can no longer monitor your internet activity and collect data about you.
You can choose a VPN service from various providers, either a free or a premium one; however, you should stick to a premium tier if you can afford it.
Although both a free and a premium VPN service will anonymize your internet browsing, a freemium always limit your megabytes usage as well as the number of servers you can connect to.
Moreover, with a free VPN, it might take you more to connect to servers and websites and you may also encounter lags, delays, disconnects, or interruptions.
If YouTube Music is not available in your country, you can make it work by using a VPN either with your PC or mobile device.
How to use a VPN on PC
- Sign up with a VPN service provider.
- Download and install the application on your device.
- Launch the application.
- Connect to a server in a country where the service is available (e.g. USA, Germany, France, etc.).
- Open the YouTube Music web player and enjoy streaming your favorite jams without any restrictions.
How to use a VPN on Android
- Sign up with a VPN service provider.
- Install the VPN client on your Android device.
- Connect to a VPN server in a country where the service is available.
- On your Android device, go to Settings click on Apps and choose Google Play Store.
- Tap on FORCE STOP to restart the app.
- Go to Storage and tap on CLEAR CACHE, then choose CLEAR DATA.
- Open Google Play Store and try again launching YouTube Music.
2. Create a new Google account
By creating a new Google account, you can set up a new address with a country where YouTube Music is currently available and listen to your favorite songs on your preferred device.
Since Google gives you the possibility to create an account with the address of choice, you might want to consider this method because it’s easy to use and you do not need to go through the payment issues as in the case of changing countries.
3. Change my Google Play country
Certain apps can be unavailable in the Google Play Store depending on your current location; if an app is not available, you will get the message This item isn’t available in your country.
If you go through the same with YouTube Music, you need to make sure your current country corresponds with the one in your Google account; otherwise, you can change it so that your Play Store will show you the relevant apps.
Whether you temporarily changed your country or moved to a new one where the service might be available, you can update your Play account address.
Keep in mind that you can only change your country once a year and in order to do it, you need to provide a payment method from the new country.
Follow the steps below to change your Google Play Country.
- Open the Play Store app on your Android device.
- Go to the menu, then tap on Account.
- Under Country and profiles, find your name and country.
- Follow the instructions to add a payment method from the new country or switch your country.
- The Google Play Store will change automatically to the new country, but it can take up to 48 hours for the changes to be in effect.
4. Change my Apple ID country
If you try to install YouTube Music on your iOS device through the App Store and get the message This app is currently not available in your country or region, you can change your Country/Region and/or Apple ID settings.
Before you start, be sure to spend any remaining credit, cancel your subscriptions, and use a new payment method for the new country or region if you have one.
You can change your country without creating a new Apple ID only if you have a payment method for the new country; for example, you can’t use a Brazilian credit card for the US App Store.
Otherwise, if you don’t have a valid card/payment method from the new country, you should create a second Apple ID account instead of changing the settings for your existing one.
Whatever your situation, choose one of the two options and follow the steps below.
How to change the country by creating a new Apple ID
- Launch the App Store on your device, tap on the human icon at the top right corner and then tap on Sign Out.
- Visit the Apple accounts page and sign up for an account.
- Select a Country/Region where YouTube Music is available.
- Tap Continue and you’ll receive a verification code via email.
- Enter the code on your device and your new Apple ID will be created.
- Launch the App Store, search for YouTube Music, and tap on Install.
- Sign in again with your new Apple ID. After signing in, you’ll need to enter your billing address and payment method.
- Under BILLING ADDRESS, fill in the address for your new country. You can enter any phone number because Apple does not verify them.
- Under PAYMENT METHOD, add a payment method for the new country if you have one or select None otherwise.
- Now your Apple devices are properly configured to allow you to install YouTube Music as well as other geo-restricted apps on them.
How to change the country without creating a new Apple ID
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Tap your name, then tap Media & Purchases.
- Tap View Account.
- Tap Country/Region.
- Tap Change Country or Region.
- Tap your new country or region and review the Terms & Conditions.
- Tap Agree in the upper-right corner, then tap Agree again to confirm.
- Select a payment method and enter your new payment information and billing address, then tap Next.
We are very confident that after trying the above solutions you will be able to use the YouTube Music streaming service regardless of where you are currently located.
Until the service expands to your country as well, there is no need for you to wait but rather enjoy it without limitations starting with today.
Create a new Google account if that seems the easiest way for you, update the country settings for your Android or iOS device, or better yet, connect to a country where YouTube Music is available with the aid of a VPN service.
A VPN will always be of great use when dealing with geoblocking and since you might be restricted again when trying to use other apps or services, you should better prepare in advance.