If you have been looking for the FortiClient VPN offline installer, you are at the right place. This article explains why you need the offline installer and where to get it.
Most modern operating systems have a built-in VPN client to use private VPN services conveniently. Yet, it comes with some flaws that may cause many errors. For example, you may notice no internet access even though VPN is connected.
As a result, third-party solutions like FortiClient VPN are top-rated worldwide.
It uses SSL and IPSec VPN tunnels and provides an encryption facility while configuring a private or corporate VPN on your device. All you need is the FortiClient VPN client application.
Though the installation process of this app is very straightforward, you still may face some difficulties due to network issues. By default, FortiClient uses the online installer.
An online installer comes with several downsides, even though some advantages are.
Why do you need an offline installer for Forticlient VPN?
We have already mentioned that the online installer comes with some disadvantages. To overcome these issues, you can consider the offline installer.
The most common reason you need an offline installer for FortiClient VPN is the network issue you may face while installing the application.
Many users have already reported some errors encountered while installing this VPN client on their computers.
Else, some other things make you want to use the offline installer.
If we try to list the most significant reasons, we will find the followings:
- First, the online installer doesn’t work when there is no internet.
- Second, slow connectivity may prolong the installation time significantly.
- Third, many errors may appear due to network connectivity issues.
- Finally, each computer you need to install FortiClient VPN requires separate downloads for the actual installation file.
If any user considers these facts, they will indeed look for the offline installer for the FortiClient VPN and for most of the apps they may use.
How do you get the Forticlient VPN offline installer?
1. Get the offline installer by using the online installer
- Visit the FortiClient VPN download page.
- Download the online installer.
- Open the downloaded file. It will start downloading the installation file.
- When the download process is finished, press Win+R to open Run.
- Type the following command and hit enter.
- Click on the Up arrow icon.
- Go to the Local folder.
- Double-click on the Temp folder.
- Find the file FortiClientVPN.exe and copy it.
- Paste it to your convenient location.
2. Find it on the third-party source
You may not be able to follow the first method for various reasons, particularly when you have a connectivity issue with the FortiClient server causing the download process to fail using the online installer repeatedly.
In this case, you can look for an offline installer on third-party sources or ask someone to share it with you. But, it would be best if you were careful when you download anything from an untrusted website.
In this case, we suggest you use an antivirus program so it can scan and block any malicious programs immediately.
Alternatively, you can use a VPN like Private Internet Access (PIA) to get the FortiClient offline installer using the first method.
A VPN can help get rid of the connectivity issue between your PC and the remote server.
If you already have this VPN client but not working, look at this solution: How to fix FortiClient VPN not working.
Is FortiClient VPN free?
FortiClient VPN is free to use by individual users. It’s Business and Enterprise versions require payment.
However, if you are interested, you can try them out for free because they provide a free trial period.
In fact, all Fortinet security software can be tested out free of charge.
FortiClient VPN is compatible with all major operating systems including Windows, macOS, Linux, Ubuntu, iOS, and Android.
These are the two effective methods to get FortiClient VPN offline installer. Please, feel free to share any other way in the comment box if that can help others.