With over 40 million songs from all over the world, the JOOX streaming app is perfect for any music fan.
But what can you do when you get the dreaded “Sorry, JOOX is not available in this location,” message?
Getting a premium VPN or proxy will let you bypass any geo-restrictions. Learn how below.
Where is JOOX not restricted?
JOOX is region-locked and only officially serves the following countries:
China, Macau, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, and Thailand. It’s also available in South Africa.
Luckily, by making your internet connection appear to be in any of these countries, you can bypass its geo-restrictions.
How to fix the JOOX not available in your country error?
If you’re receiving this error message, it means JOOX is detecting an unsupported IP address.
This is linked to your internet provider and your geographic location.
However, you can spoof your IP address with the following methods:
1. Use a VPN
The easiest and most stable way to unblock JOOX is to use a premium VPN service. Let us show you how to get started with ExpressVPN.
It’s among our top picks for the job (the others are listed below) and has fast and reliable servers in all countries JOOX supports.
Here’s how to set everything up:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and download its apps to your chosen devices.
- Launch the app and sign in with your details.
- Avoid the Quick Connect option and open all locations.
- Select a server from the supported regions, such as Hong Kong.
- If you haven’t already, visit the website or download the JOOX app now that it’s unrestricted.
- Before launching JOOX, always use the VPN app to connect to a supported location.
2. Use a Proxy
Similar to a VPN, a proxy server located in a suitable country can change your IP address and unblock JOOX.
The best option is to purchase access to a premium service. Free proxies are often easily banned and too slow for streaming.
If your proxy service comes with an app, the process is straightforward. However, if you only have the proxy address/hostname and port, you need to set it up on your device.
Here’s how to do it depending on your OS:
- Go to Wi-Fi settings and long-press your active network.
- Tap Modify network, and under Advanced, tap Proxy.
- Choose Manual, then add the details for the Hostname and Port.
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi and select your Network.
- Under HTTP Proxy, tap Configure Proxy, and then Manual Configuration.
- Complete the hostname and port fields.
- Go to Settings > Network & Internet, and select Proxy from the left pane.
- Under Manual proxy setup, enter the address and port.
- Open System Settings > Network and select your active network.
- Click Advanced for a wired connection or Details for Wi-Fi, then open the Proxies tab.
- Add the relevant details in the address and port fields.
3. Turn off location services
Whether you use a VPN or a proxy, your phone’s location services can pass on GPS data to the JOOX app, revealing your real location.
It’s a good idea to turn this off or revoke the permissions for the JOOX app.
Here’s how to do it on:
- Go to Settings and scroll down to Location.
- Toggle the switch next to Access my location to the off position.
- Or tap the second Location link below and scroll down to the JOOX app.
- Tap Deny to revoke its permission.
- Go to the Settings app on your device.
- Tap on Privacy.
- Hit Location Services.
- Toggle the switch next to Location Services to the off position.
- Or scroll down and tap on the JOOX app.
- Tap on Never to prevent the app from accessing your location.
Note: Turning off location services may affect the functionality of certain apps or features on your device that rely on location information.
Best VPNs for JOOX
Having tested all the leading VPN providers, here are the top 3 that are perfect for JOOX:
1. ExpressVPN – servers in all supported JOOX locations
It’s easy to unblock JOOX with ExpressVPN because it has servers in all the supported countries. If one stops working, you can just quickly jump to another.
Moreover, there are 94 countries in total, so you can access almost any other geo-blocked service.
ExpressVPN also stands out with super-fast speeds into the hundreds of Mbps. This makes it more than capable of streaming music and doing other high-bandwidth tasks at the same time.
You can use it on 5 simultaneous devices.
What else ExpressVPN offers:
- Apps for all conceivable devices
- Advanced leak prevention and kill switch
- Choose your protocol
- 30-day money-back guarantee
ExpressVPNHave your pick of servers in JOOX-supported countries and enjoy a stable connection with this high-performing VPN.
2. NordVPN – obfuscated servers
NordVPN ranks high because of its versatile selection of servers. Firstly, you have lots of options for JOOX, such as Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Thailand. Secondly, it also offers servers for Double VPN, Obfuscation, and P2P.
These can help you out when you need extra security and will ensure JOOX never finds out your real location or even suspect you’re using a VPN to access it.
It also has lots of useful extras, such as the linking of remote devices (Meshnet), anti-virus, and a Dark Web Monitor. This scans the dark web for hacker leaks that contain your sensitive information.
NordVPN top features:
- More than 5,400 individual servers.
- Kill Switch and Split Tunneling.
- Strict no-logs policy.
NordVPNBypass JOOX geo-restrictions and ensure your real location is never revealed with NordVPN.
3. CyberGhost – specialized servers
CyberGhost has all the features anyone could need from a VPN.
JOOX users get their pick of supported countries to unlock their favorite music. There are also loads of specialized servers for tasks like streaming, gaming, and torrenting.
The app, which supports all major mobile and desktop systems, can be used on 7 simultaneous devices at once – ideal for the busy home network.
It also has an advanced split tunneling feature. This lets apps and URLs of your choosing bypass the VPN. Or, perhaps you only use the VPN for JOOX.
CyberGhost also offers:
- 9700+ servers in over 91 countries.
- Optimized servers for gaming, streaming, and torrenting.
- 24-hour free trial.
- In-built ad blocker.
CyberGhostEnjoy JOOX wherever you are with this versatile and reliable VPN.
The JOOX not available in your country error can be quite frustrating.
However, with a good VPN or proxy service, you can easily change your virtual location to one of its supported countries.