Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help VPNCentral effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Although some Iranian TV channels are only available in Iran due to copyright agreements, others like iFilm can be accessed irrespective of your location
Without the proper tools, trying to watch geo-restricted Iranian TV in the UK will lead to an error message, or the video simply won’t load.
Browse the web from multiple devices with industry-standard security protocols.
70% of our readers choose ExpressVPN
70% of our readers choose ExpressVPN
Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
But don’t worry. This guide will help you bypass any and all geo-restrictions.
Ready? Let’s go!
Quick guide: how to watch Iranian TV in the UK
Just follow these simple steps:
- Download a reliable VPN. We recommend CyberGhost because of its numerous servers in Iran.
- Download and install the app.
- Connect to a server in Iran.
- Go to your preferred channel’s website and enjoy watching your favorite shows.
How to Watch Iranian TV in the UK
With the active geo-restrictions on some Iranian TV channels, you’ll need a robust VPN to unblock Iranian TV in the UK.
Connecting to a VPN server in Iran will mask your real IP address to make it appear as though you’re in Iran. With this, you can make it around any geo-block.
Also, a VPN will enhance your streaming speed on the channels that aren’t blocked and further protect your data privacy while at it.
Here’s how to watch Iranian TV in the UK:
Many VPN providers don’t have servers in Iran, but with CyberGhost you get 26 options to choose from.
So, if you had relocated from home, or took a trip from Iran to the UK, you can still keep up with your favorite TV.
Apart from that, this VPN has tight security protocols, great geo-unblocking abilities, and fast speeds.
So, follow these steps to watch Iranian TV in the UK:
- Visit CyberGhost’s website to subscribe.
- Download and install the app on your device.
- Sign in using your email address and password.
- Connect to a server in Iran.
- Access any Iranian TV channel of your choice to catch up with your favorite shows.
Why do you need a VPN to watch Iranian TV in the UK?
Firstly, you’ll need a VPN to watch Iranian TV channels in the UK because it’ll give you a temporary IP address in Iran.
This will fool the channel you’re trying to unblock that you’re accessing it from within the country.
In addition to that, a VPN will encrypt your data, hence protecting your privacy from the Iranian’s government eagle-eyed surveillance. This process also stops ISP from throttling your connection.
Furthermore, this tool may enhance your streaming speed, allowing you to enjoy watching movies, shows, and news buffer-free.
Best VPNs for Iranian TV
The number of VPNs with servers in Iran is very limited. Fortunately, we’ve found a robust one like CyberGhost that can help you bypass geo-restrictions on Iranian TV channels.
For the VPNs that don’t have servers in Iran, you can connect to servers in countries like Turkey, Armenia, Afghanistan, and Iraq, as various Iranian TV channels are also available there.
With that said, here are our top picks:
1. CyberGhost – servers in Iran
CyberGhost boasts over 9500 servers in 91 countries and 26 options in Iran, the most when compared to other VPNs. With it, you can easily switch between servers when one is not working.
For a country with strict internet regulations like Iran, CyberGhost’s 256-bit AES encryption and no-logs policy keeps your IP address masked and secure while accessing Iranian TV channels in the UK.
Furthermore, this VPN uses the kill switch feature to keep you protected if your VPN connection ever drops.
CyberGhost has unlimited bandwidth with extremely fast streaming speeds. Even when its Iranian servers are crowded, you still get to enjoy reliable connections and stream buffer-free
Additionally, you get a 45-day money-back guarantee for a risk-free test drive.
Lastly, you can use this provider on over 7 devices simultaneously and its apps are available on all major operating systems.
- Multiple Iranian servers
- Extremely fast streaming speed
- Strict no-logs policy
- 256-bit AES encryption
- 45 days money back guarantee
- 24/7 customer support
- Limited payment options
CyberGhostPick from numerous servers in Iran and enjoy high-quality streaming with this fast and secure VPN.
2. ExpressVPN – fast speeds for streaming
ExpressVPN has servers in Armenia and Turkey, where you can access Iranian channels like GEM TV.
ExpressVPN’s super fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth allow you to stream Iranian TV channels in the UK in the best quality, without experiencing buffering.
Another key feature you’ll enjoy with Express VPN is its military-grade AES-256-bit encryption that keeps you secure while streaming Iranian TV shows in the UK.
Also, with its strict no-logs policy, you’re sure that your personal data won’t get leaked when or after streaming.
Additionally, this service is compatible with multiple devices including Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Not only that, you can use up to eight with only one account. This makes you able to share with anyone.
- AES-256 bit encryption
- Zero logs
- Over 3000 servers in 94 countries
- Great streaming speeds
- Up to 8 simultaneous connections
ExpressVPNStream buffer-free and benefit from high-quality features with this leading VPN provider.
3. NordVPN – security-centric
NordVPN is another great option for unlocking geo-restrictions on Iranian TV channels. The service has 5700+ servers in 60 countries including those closest to Iran.
This VPN introduced a feature called SmartPlay that helps users choose the best streaming server location.
NordVPN is packaged with powerful obfuscation that can easily unlock geo-blocked sites.
Its Double VPN and DNS leak protection features are the best bet when it comes to security while you watch content from Iran.
In addition to that, this service offers unlimited bandwidth and fast connection speeds, averaging about 200 Mbps.
Streaming movies on iFilm and Manoto TV was seamless using NordVPN and there was almost zero buffering.
- SmartPlay feature
- Double VPN
- 30-days money-back guarantee
- Automatic kill switch
- Split tunneling feature
- 24/7 live chat support
- Can’t use more than six devices simultaneously
- Interferes with internet connection on Windows.
NordVPNEnjoy a great combination of speed and security with NordVPN.
4. Private Internet Access – unlimited device connections
PIA makes our list thanks to its 35,000+ servers, in 84 countries including hardware in the UAE, where popular Iranian channels are readily available.
This VPN offers a good enough speed to minimize buffering while streaming
Another benefit is its support for unlimited device connections. This means that your whole family can stream channels like iFilm, IRIB TV3, and IMVBox with a single subscription.
PIA employs the OpenVPN security protocol and military-grade encryption to prevent data leaks.
An additional no-log policy provides all the security you may need to protect your data while streaming Iranian TV channels in the UK.
Lastly, you get a 30-day money-back guarantee to test the service risk-free.
- Unlimited number of connected devices
- Automatic kill switch
- 256-bit encryption
- OpenVPN and Wireguard protocols
- 30 days money back guarantee
- The interface can be a bit more user-friendly
Private Internet AccessEasily bypass geo-restrictions and stream on all your devices with PIA.
5. Surfshark – affordable
Surfshark is another great VPN service for watching Iranian TV in the UK. With 3200+ servers in 100 countries, you can easily connect to nearby regions and access a good number of Iranian TV channels.
Just like PIA, it offers unlimited device connections, so all your family members and even friends can connect.
It has additional features like Camouflage Mode to safeguard your information and make it difficult for strict geo-blocked sites to identify you’re using a VPN.
This VPN boasts one of the fastest VPNs for streaming any media content on the internet, including Iranian TV channels.
Finally, if you don’t want the VPN to interfere with certain apps, you can use the split tunneling feature to exclude them from the secure tunnel.
- Unlimited Simultaneous connections
- MultiHop servers
- Tested no-logs policy
- Supports multiple devices
- Could lack consistency when it comes to customer service
SurfsharkUnblock your favorite Iranian TV channels with this affordable, yet versatile VPN.
Which Iranian TV Channels can I stream online?
Here are some Iranian TV channels you can watch online with a VPN. We’ve also added their most famous shows:
- IFilm (free) – Solace of the Heart, Paper Father, Bibi’s Dowry, The Flash, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, River Wild, The Little Mermaid, The Bear, The Boys
- Gem TV (paid) – Zed, Women without Men, Pedar Guardiola, Heartland, Schitt’s Creek, Run the Burbs, Workin’ Moms, Family Feud Canada, Sherlock
- IRIB Namayesh (free) – Frank Riva, Pasta, Fermentation Family, Gyebaek, Hong Gil-dong, Brain, The King’s Dream
- BBC Persian (free) – News and documentaries, Purple Crystal, Daddy’s School, Amir Naderi, Open Jirga, Pargar, Jam-e Zahr, Pargar
- IMVBox (paid) – The Witcher, The Flash, Hijack, The Cow, Hamoun, Mainline, Nargess, Under The Skin Of The City, The May Lady Melbourne, The Pear Tree, Mum’s Guest
- IRINN TV (free) – Documentaries, current affairs, sports
- IranFilmPlus (paid) – Holy Spider, Here Today
- IRIB TV3 (free) – On The Side Lines, Asre Jadid, Wound
- Dalfak.com (free) – Stillwater, The Test, Retribution
Is it legal to watch Iranian TV in the UK with a VPN?
Yes, watching Iranian TV in the UK with a VPN is very much legal because there are no UK laws that restrict the use of VPNs to stream foreign content.
So, as long as you don’t engage in malicious activities, you have nothing to worry about.
Certain Iranian TV channels are blocked in the UK because of copyright laws and licensing agreements, so you’ll need a VPN service to make it through.
Luckily, you can simply pick a reliable and tested service like CyberGhost, and you’ll be streaming your favorite shows in no time.