Your Dark Souls 3 can’t connect to the server? This can be quite tricky, but sometimes the problem can be fixed by quickly reinstalling the game.
However, if this doesn’t work for you, there might be other ways to get back to a seamless gaming experience.
If your PC matches the system requirements for Dark Souls III, check out the troubleshooting steps below.
Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
Secure multiple devices and enjoy stable connections anywhere.
Price convenient VPN service with all-rounded security features.
Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
Browse the web from multiple devices with industry-standard security protocols.
What can I do if Dark souls III can’t connect to the server?
1. Check your Internet connection
- Click on the connection icon from your taskbar.
- Select the View Connection Settings link from the drop-down list.
- In the Network pop-up window, check if you see Connected status.
2. Disable your firewall
- Click on the Start icon from the taskbar.
- Type firewall and select Windows firewall from the results.
- In the left part of the screen, select Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender firewall, as you can see in the image below:
- Search for Dark Souls III on the list and make sure to allow all connections (incoming and also outgoing).
- Save the settings and see if it fixed the error.
3. Add an exception to the firewall
- Click on Start icon from your taskbar, type firewall, and open Firewall & network protection.
- Click on Allow an app through firewall.
- Click Change settings (with admin rights).
- Search for Dark Souls III in this list and click on the Private and Public checkboxes.
- If it’s not in this list, click the Allow another app button to find and select it.
4. Install a Dark Souls III compatible VPN service
When it comes to the best VPN for Dark Souls that gives great prices and excellent features, Kape Technologies owned Private Internet Access is a reliable choice.
PIA offers a well-balanced and powerful VPN service that encrypts your browsing and helps to protect your privacy from hackers as well as from your Internet service provider.
PIA has over 3000 servers in more than 44 countries worldwide, giving you unlimited options when accessing Dark Souls servers.
Its strong gateways network offers lightning-fast speeds which ensures you the optimum gameplay experience while using this VPN, plus it helps to improve your ping.
Here are its key features:
- Private IP address for anonymous browsing
- Strong encryption algorithms
- Unblock streaming and bypass geo-restrictions
- Reduce gaming latency with the highest speeds (no buffering or slow loading times)
- Connect to servers worldwide (3395 + servers in 44 countries)
- Unlimited bandwidth and fast download speeds
- Compatible with all major operating systems
- No-logs policy and high-grade privacy
- Secure VPN Protocols (PPTP, OpenVPN, and L2TP/IPSec)
- Connect on up to 10 devices simultaneously
5. Use a GPN
GPN stands for Gamers Private Network and is totally different from a VPN because it only optimizes the game connection data.
The GPN neither changes or hides your IP address nor interfere with the network settings. This is particularly helpful when you can’t use a VPN for your game.
In order to properly connect o the Dark Souls III servers, we recommend WTFast, a GPN that uses machine learning to select an optimized route to the game servers.
Don’t forget to run a full system scan for malware and also check your antivirus, as it can block certain features, and cause issues to your online games.
We hope that you managed to fix your problem by using one of our solutions.
If you want to share your experience with us or if you found another Dark Souls 3 issue, feel free to contact us, by using the comment section below this guide.