- Best privacy protocols and military-grade encryption
- Geo-restriction bypassing for streaming services and websites
- Access to dedicated gaming servers
- Unlimited number of connections to different locations
A product of Rogers Media, SportsNet Now lets Canadians watch all the fun and action in WWE, Football, National Hockey League, and many more.
Many sports fans from the USA want to watch SportsNet Now, but they are restricted. The network is blocked outside Canada.
However, there are ways you can change your virtual location and access SportsNet Now from the US. We found two reliable methods, check them out!
How to pass SportsNet Now regional blocks and watch it in the USA?
Normally, if you attempt to watch SportsNet Now from the USA or any country outside Canada, you’ll be prompted with an error message that reads:
This is because the traffic information your device sends when you access the website reveals your real location. To fix that, you’ll need to mask it, which you can do with a VPN or Smart DNS service.
1. Use a VPN with Canadian servers
VPNs help to reroute device traffic through one of their many private servers.
Since Sportsnet Now is available only in Canada, viewers in the USA or anywhere outside Canada would require a Canadian IP to gain access to the platform.
That’s really easy if you connect to a VPN with Canadian servers. We picked ExpressVPN for this task because it has amazing speeds for streaming and multiple servers in Canada.
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and install the app to your device (it’s compatible with all major operating systems).
- Launch the app and click on the three dots next to the Current Location to open the server list. Head to North America and pick a Canadian server.
- Click the big power button to connect.
- Go to Sportsnets Now and start streaming!
Now, the Sportsnet security system wouldn’t flag or restrict your access. The VPN has tons of added privacy features including AES-256-bit encryption and a killswitch option to prevent revealing your true location.
ExpressVPNWatch your favorite SportsNet Now content from the US without being restricted!
2. Use Smart DNS to change your location
A DNS change approach also helps to watch Sportsnet Now in restricted regions, including the USA.
It’s a simple way to bypass geo-blocks without being detected. It’s really suitable for streaming media content because it doesn’t have much of an impact on your connection’s speed.
We find SmartDNS Proxy to work in unblocking SportsNet Now. To access the platform from all your devices, it’s best you set it up on your router. Here’s how to do it:
- Set up an account on the website. Go for the free trial if you want. it includes all the benefits for 14 days.
- Head to the server list. To watch SportsNet Now, you need to pick a Canadian DNS address to make it seem as if you’re browsing from Canada instead of the USA.
- In your browser, open your router’s admin panel. Usually, you’ll be able to access it by typing the router’s IP in the address bar.
- Log into your router admin panel. Typically, your username would be admin or root. The default password is simply password or admin for a lot of routers, so try these if you have not changed them.
- Find the DNS settings and paste the SmartDNS Proxy address you copied at step 2 to the Preferred DNS Box.
- Make sure to confirm and save your settings before you attempt to access SportsNet from US.
- Open the SportsNet Now platfrom in your web browser and watch it without limitations.
Smart DNS Proxy has multiple servers in Canada and you can access them here after creating a free account.
Input either its Canada Montreal, Canada Montreal 2, or Canada Vancouver IP address to gain access and watch Sportsnet Now in the USA.
What does doing this mean? You spoofed your IP to the Canadian region so your ISP and the Sportsnet service think you’re within the region.
SmartDNS ProxyBypass regional blocks with SmartDNS proxy & keep up with all your favorite sports events!
Geo-blocks are never a fun thing, but it’s good to know that there are ways around them. If you use suitable tools that work in the regions you want to access, then you have nothing to worry about.
Both of these above-mentioned tools work really well in unlocking SportsNet Now in the USA, thus allowing you to watch its entire content library. Let us know which option you decided to use and whether you have any questions.