Bing is a search engine that was launched by Microsoft in June 2009.
Its major competitor; Google’s widespread fame meant that it had a lesser share of the search engine market.
However, it has been gaining traction since it launched the Bing Chat AI in February.
The new AI chatbot offers human-like responses with references and citations where necessary so you know where the information is coming from.
In this article, you will find some interesting Bing Chat statistics.
Interesting Bing Chat statistics
Below are some stats you should know about Bing Chat:
- Before its launch, over 1 million users signed up for the waitlist within the first 48 hours of the announcement.
- Since launching, about 45 million chats have been exchanged on the platform.
- Bing Chat is available in 238 countries with 105 different languages.
- 60% of users on Bing Chat are between the ages of 25-44.
- Bing recorded an average of 12,000 daily downloads until February 9 when the numbers increased drastically.
General Bing Chat statistics
Here you’ll learn more about the AI chat platform that texts exactly like an actual person.
1. Bing Chat was launched on February 7th, 2023
(Source: Microsoft Blog)
Bing Chat is an AI-powered search engine that can engage in actual conversations with the user.
It helps users find answers to questions in a fun and interesting way.
2. Bing Chat has recorded 100 million daily active users
(Source: Microsoft Bing Blog)
More than a million users signed up for its waitlist within 48 hours after it was announced.
And since its launch in February, Microsoft stated that the search engine has recorded a total of 100 million daily active users.
According to a Reddit forum, Bing chat is said to have different personalities based on its responses to users.
Moreover, each personality, it’s said to have different codenames apart from the general codename Sydney.
Melbourne for balanced mode, and Perth for Precise.
3. In February 2023, Bing got a total of 1.1 billion visits
This whopping figure makes Bing.com the 26th most visited website in the world.
The introduction of Bing Chat caused a surge in its monthly user count as it gets about 100 million visits daily.
Due to this, its monthly user count was estimated to increase to about 3 billion.
Its compatibility with Windows devices, Skype, and mobile apps made Bing Chat widely accepted.
4. Microsoft Bing was launched in 2009
Launched on June 3, 2009, Microsoft Bing was the second most popular search engine. Google was the first.
Before the launch of Bing Chat in 2023, the search engine wasn’t gaining much traction.
However, the introduction of the Bing AI chat functionality has played a huge role in its widespread fame and acceptability in recent times.
5. China sends the most traffic to Bing Chat
Bing Chat receives more than one-third of its traffic from China with about 34.96%
The United States is in second place with 26.19% of the traffic on the Bing Search Engine
Germany, Japan, and France have 3.23%, 3.44%, and 3.09% of traffic respectively.
Other countries (not mentioned) have about 29.10% of traffic on the search engine.
6. Bing now records over 900 million searches daily
People in the 25-34 age range make up most of Bing users. They constitute about 30.70% of users of the platform.
People aged 18-20 are the second-most-popular users of the AI chat as they constitute 22.17%.
67.55% of Bing users are males while 32.35% are females.
7. Bing Chat is available in 234 countries and 105 different languages
(Source: Meetanshi Blog)
However, users can only access the AI chatbot through the Microsoft Edge browser, and as apps on Android and iOS.
8. 3 out of every 10 searches on Bing Chat is about Google
(Source: Meetanshi Blog)
Bing confirms that 3 of 10 top searches on Bing have to do with Google or any of its services.
In the United States, the words “Facebook”, “Google” and “Youtube” are the top 3 most searched words on Bing.
9. In 2022, Bing generated an estimated $11.59 billion in advertising revenue
(Source: Bing, Wordstream, Statista, Statcounter, and Business Insider)
This is due to its ability to corner around 3% of the search market share. In the United States, it accounts for 36% of internet searches.
Surprisingly, Bing has an average click-through rate of 2.83% which is higher than Google’s 1.91%.
10. Users are limited to 120 chats per day
(Source: Business Insider)
Many find the AI chatbot’s conversational technique and the choice of words faulty.
Some even argue that its responses are more human-generated than AI-generated.
For one, it doesn’t involve itself in political issues or comment on things with political affiliation.
Furthermore, it sometimes refuses to answer certain questions, implying that the user provided incorrect information.
In other cases, Bing Chat assumes and says that its user’s phone has malware.
This made Microsoft, the developing team, reduce its chat limits to 50 chats per day with 5 chats per session.
However, the chat limit is back to 120 chats per day with 10 chats per session.
What can Bing Chat do?
Below is a list of a few things the AI-powered response app can do.
- It can write articles and poems
- It analyzes long written words or texts and provides you with a summarized version
- It can provide citations
- It can answer your questions directly and concisely, with quotes and referencing as required.
- It readily has answers for queries as though it were a human being.
There you have all you need to know about Bing and Bing chat statistics, including its downsides and a list of things it can do.
Bing Chat remains an interesting and interactive platform where users get helpful answers to their queries conversationally.
If you haven’t started using this interactive app, the best time to start is now so you can experience it for yourself.
- Microsoft Blog
- Microsoft Bing Blog
- Meetanshi Blog
- Business Insider
- Business Insider