If DraftKings isn’t working with a VPN, it’s probably because the associated IP address was previously blocked.
You will get the error message, we cannot locate you.
The reason for this is that your VPN was outsmarted by the online fantasy sports website, resulting in a blanket ban on your connected IP address.
To help you fix this error, we list some solutions in order of importance. You can try them one by one until you find one that works for you.
Is DraftKings blocking your VPN?
Yes, DraftKings does all it can to remain within the limits of the law, so it blocks VPNs because they can be used to access the site/apps from areas where it’s not legally available.
So, If you’re accessing DraftKings from an unapproved region or a weak VPN, you’ll receive an error message that reads we cannot locate you.
This could be due to the VPN’s weak capability to evade DraftKings’ blocking techniques.
Furthermore, this gambling site is only authorized in specific regions, and if it were accessible in unapproved areas, the company would be violating the law and could face severe consequences.
For instance, in the US, Hawaii prohibits DraftKings. Also, other states that prohibit daily fantasy sports include Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, and Louisiana.
Therefore, to avoid penalties for violating these state laws, DraftKings blocks VPNs that enable users to access its platform from those states.
DraftKings not working with VPN is due to a range of reasons, including:
- Use of recognized and blocked servers & IPs
- Inadequate VPN unblocking ability
- Malicious activity using the VPN’s IP address
- Sharing the IP address with someone who violates DraftKings’ terms of service.
However, there are various ways to trick DraftKings and bypass their location restrictions so you can continue to access the website.
What to do when DraftKings is not working with your VPN
To ensure smooth access, it is crucial to troubleshoot the issue and find a solution that works.
Here are some potential solutions to the error of DraftKings not working with VPN:
1. Switch to a different VPN server
DraftKings may blacklist the VPN server or location you are using. Try switching to a different server to see if that resolves the error.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Disconnect from your current VPN.
- Choose a different server or location from your VPN provider’s list.
- Connect to the new server or location.
- Try reaccessing DraftKings to see if the issue is resolved.
2. Clear your browser cache and data
Cookies and caches can affect VPN operation by saving location information, which can reveal your actual location.
Therefore, clearing them regularly is important to prevent privacy risks and enable proper VPN functioning. Follow these steps to clear your browser’s cache and cookies in Google Chrome:
- Click on the three dots at the top right edge of your browser.
- Go to More tools, and select Clear browsing data.
- Choose the time range from the drop-down list. Use All time to delete everything.
- Check the boxes for Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
- Go back to either the website or the app. DraftKings should work by now.
3. Change to a different protocol
Switching to a different VPN protocol is another way to resolve the error. Protocols are rules that determine how data is routed through the server.
To get started, check if your VPN provider supports multiple VPN protocols.
OpenVPN, Wireguard, or Lightway are better options as they offer stronger encryption methods, making it more difficult for websites to detect and block the VPN traffic.
Follow these steps to change to a different protocol:
- Open your VPN app.
- Click on the gear icon or go to Settings.
- Go to VPN protocol.
- Select OpenVPN – TCP from the list.
- Select Change Anyway from the popup.
- Once you’re connected to the VPN, try reaccessing DraftKings.
4. Change to a better VPN provider
If you have exhausted all other options, it is possible that your current VPN is not able to bypass DraftKings’ VPN blocking techniques.
Upgrading to a premium VPN can provide a more reliable service, as they often have a wider range of IP addresses that can replace any block.
One of the best VPNs to fix DraftKings errors is ExpressVPN, which has a multiple-server network. Here are the steps to set it up:
- Subscribe to an ExpressVPN plan and download the software compatible with your device.
- Install the ExpressVPN app on your computer.
- Log in with your credentials.
- Choose a server in a location where DraftKings is available.
- Once connected, try reaccessing DraftKings to see if the error has been resolved.
ExpressVPNUpgrade to ExpressVPN to avoid DrafKings kick-offs and protect your data while gambling online!
Get back in the game and overcome DraftKings not working with VPN problems with these easy strategies.
Changing server locations, switching protocols, or switching to a better VPN provider are all reliable methods to get back on the platform ASAP.