Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help VPNCentral effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Indian movies and TV shows can keep you glued to your seat thanks to thrilling suspense, fascinating plots, and dramatic acting.
Unfortunately, due to geo-restrictions most Indian channels are inaccessible from outside the country. And New Zealand is no exception.
Browse the web from multiple devices with industry-standard security protocols.
70% of our readers choose ExpressVPN
70% of our readers choose ExpressVPN
Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
But not to worry! As an avid lover of Bollywood movies, I’ll show you how to easily watch Indian TV channels in NZ.
Let’s get started!
Watching Indian channels in NZ is as easy as ABC. Just:
- Download a reliable VPN (ExpressVPN is my go-to VPN because of its strong unblocking abilities).
- Install the app on your device.
- Connect to a server in India.
- Enjoy watching Indian channels in New Zealand or anywhere else.
To watch Indian channels in NZ, you need a VPN. That’s mainly due to copyrights and licensing agreements, which prevent TV content from airing beyond the country’s borders.
However, a VPN makes quick work of these restrictions.
Once you connect to an Indian server, it spoofs your location and allows you to appear like you’re in India.
As a result, you’re able to access all the content that was previously blocked due to location conflicts.
The best way to do this is to:
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Indian channels from a blocked region. It has great unblocking abilities, fast server speeds, and strong security features:
Here’s how to unblock and watch Indian channels in NZ with ExpressVPN:
- Visit ExpressVPN’s website and pick a subscription.
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Launch it and log in with your credentials.
- Connect to an Indian server.
- Proceed to your preferred Indian channel’s streaming platform and enjoy watching your favorite content hassle-free.
You need a VPN to watch Indian channels in NZ because it can help you evade the geo-restrictions streaming platforms impose.
When services use geo-blocking systems to limit access to their content, your IP address needs to conform with their authorized regions.
If not, all your attempts to connect to such websites will lead to an error message like: This content is currently unavailable in your region.
So how does a VPN unblock Indian TV in NZ? You simply connect to a server in India, which assigns you an IP address from the country.
This way, the channel you’re trying to watch believes that you’re accessing it from its supported region.
And since I want to make your life as easy as possible, here are the:
Best VPNs to watch Indian channels in NZ
I tested the leading providers based on server availability in India, streaming speeds, and security features:
Here are my top picks:
1. ExpressVPN – best VPN for unblocking Indian channels
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for buffer-free streaming of Indian channels. It has over 3000 servers in 94+ countries, with 2 server locations in India.
Furthermore, it offers DNS and IPv6 leak protection features and an automatic kill switch. These help to prevent data leaks of important information (like your IP and location) once you establish a VPN connection.
Also, it uses its custom Lightway protocol for fast connection speeds and heightened security.
In addition, ExpressVPN offers an interesting feature called MediaStreamer. This allows you to unblock and stream Indian TV on your Smart TV, Xbox, PlayStation, and other devices that normally wouldn’t work with a VPN.
Lastly, it secures user data and traffic using AES 256-bit encryption and a strict no-logs policy.
- Speedy servers
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Seamlessly unblocks various streaming platforms
- MediaStreamer for VPN-incompatible devices
- Supports major OS and devices
ExpressVPNQuickly unblock Indian TV channels and enjoy high-quality streaming with this leading VPN provider.
2. CyberGhost – streaming-optimized servers
CyberGhost operates a wide network of over 9000 servers in more than 90 countries, out of which about 30 servers are located in India.
You get great unblocking capabilities and high-quality video, thanks to its use of streaming-optimized servers.
Furthermore, it offers IP and DNS leak protection, an automated kill switch, and split tunneling. All of these are essential for a premium VPN service, as they help protect your data while also providing a great user experience.
Additionally, CyberGhost protects all your data and traffic with 256-bit AES encryption.
Finally, it abides by a strict no-logs policy, so you know that the company doesn’t keep track of your online activities.
- Optimized servers for streaming
- Wide server network
- Dedicated IP address
- Robust encryption
- Distant servers can be slow
CyberGhostBenefit from streaming-optimized servers and top-notch security with CyberGhost.
3. Surfshark – unlimited device connections
If you want to watch Indian channels in NZ on a budget, Surfshark is the provider you should choose.
It operates a network of over 3200 servers in 100 countries, including 2 locations in India. With this, you can easily unblock and watch your favorite Indian channels from abroad.
Although it doesn’t use streaming-optimized servers, this provider performed at an impressive speed during tests as I was able to unblock Zee News in less than a minute.
Additionally, it offers impressive features like split tunneling that allows you to choose which apps to protect with VPN encryption and which can connect to the internet directly.
Furthermore, you get an automated kill switch and strong IP and DNS leak protection.
Finally, Surfshark uses the industry-standard AES 256-bit encryption and an independently-audited no-logs policy to secure your traffic and data.
- Wide server network including India
- Great security features
- Fast servers
- Beginner-friendly app
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections
- May take a while to connect to some servers
SurfsharkBlow past geo-restrictions and stream on all your devices with Surfshark
4. Private Internet Access – largest server network
PIA has over 35,000 servers in 84 countries, plus several virtual locations in India. With their help, you can watch Indian TV shows and series from New Zealand hassle-free.
Also, it secures your data through 256-bit AES encryption, an automatic kill switch, and DNS and IP leak protection features.
Furthermore, it has a malware blocker that prevents your internet session from being tracked or spied upon.
Additionally, it lets you customize your encryption levels based on your preference, as it offers both 128-bit and 256-bit encryption keys.
Lastly, it abides by a strict no-logs policy. This ensures that the provider doesn’t store or keep records of your internet activities.
- Split tunneling
- Excellent for streaming and torrenting
- Virtual servers in India via Singapore
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Customizable encryption levels
- Independently-audited no-logs policy
- Headquartered in the US, a 5-Eyes country
- Some servers can be slow
Private Internet AccessSeamlessly unblock all your favorite Indian TV channels with this fast and reliable VPN service.
5. IPVanish – over 40,000 secure IP addresses
IPVanish operates a wide network of over 2,200 servers in 75+ locations, including India.
Furthermore, it offers DNS and IP leak protection, together with a secure kill switch. These features guarantee leak-proof streaming sessions once you’re connected to the VPN.
Moreover, it uses OpenVPN and WireGuard protocols to easily unblock restricted platforms without any noticeable reduction in speed.
In addition, IPVanish comes with AES 256-bit encryption. This is the industry standard and is virtually uncrackable.
In conclusion, it operates a strict zero-logging policy. This means that IPVanish won’t store identifiable information about you to sell or hand over to third parties.
- Virtual servers in India
- No-logs policy
- Robust security and encryption
- Lag and buffer-free streaming
- Unlimited simultaneous device connection
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Slow response from customer support
- Doesn’t offer streaming-optimized servers
- Located in a 5-Eyes country
IPVanishMake quick work of geo-restrictions and enjoy buffer-free streaming with IPVanish.
Want to know the most popular and interesting shows to watch on Indian channels? Check out the list below:
- JadooTV – Befikre, Bajirao Mastani, Mohenjo Daro, Akira, Banjo
- YuppTV – Muddapappu Avakai, Ekkadiki Ee Parugu, Mana Mugguri Love Story, Bhajana Batch, The Driving Force
- Hotstar – Taaza Khabar, The Great Indian Murder, Home Shanti, Criminal Justice: Adhura Sach, The Night Manager
- Zee5 – Abar Proloy, Maitree, Taj: Divided by blood, Lag Ja Gale, Pyar Ka Pehla Adhyaya: Shiv Shakti
- SonyLiv – Scam 2003, College Romance, Garmi, Kafas, Pushpa Impossible
- JioCinema – Kaalkoot, Big Boss OTT, Vish, Marzi, Indrani
- Aaj Entertainment – Hum Sab Ajeeb Se Hain, Chowki No 420, Koyal, Unchahee, Taaluq
Yes, it’s legal to watch Indian channels in New Zealand with a VPN. This is because the country has no policies or laws banning VPN usage.
Just stay clear of malicious online activities like cybercrime and respect streaming platforms’ terms of service, and you’ll have nothing to worry about.
And there you have it! You now know how to watch Indian channels in NZ.
For enjoyable streaming, you need a premium and reliable VPN client.
All the VPNs mentioned in this article have been tested and proven to provide access to any Indian content of your choice. Happy streaming!