Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help VPNCentral effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Many Indian TV channels are not accessible outside the country. This makes it impossible for Indians in the diaspora or people in other regions to watch at their respective locations.
For instance, users who try to watch Indian TV in Australia on Zee5 get an error message like “Oops! No Information available.”
Browse the web from multiple devices with industry-standard security protocols.
70% of our readers choose ExpressVPN
70% of our readers choose ExpressVPN
Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
Should you be worried about this? No, we don’t think so! We’ve carefully outlined ways to bypass any form of geo-restriction on Indian TV channels and keep your data protected while streaming from these sites.
Quick guide: How to watch Indian TV in Australia with a VPN in a few steps
- Download and install a VPN with Indian servers. We recommend Surfshark because it has the most servers in India and fast connection speeds for streaming content online.
- Connect to an Indian server.
- Browse any Indian TV channel of your choice.
- Go ahead to watch your desired Indian film or series.
How to watch Indian TV in Australia
Since certain Indian TV channels are blocked in Australia, you need a VPN with Indian servers to be able to catch up with your favorite series. Once you connect to an Indian VPN server, the tool conceals your actual IP address, creating the impression that you are in India.
With this, you can access any TV channel in this country from Australia without limitations.
A VPN will also improve your streaming speed on these unblocked channels and provide an extra layer of data privacy.
Here’s a guide on how to watch Indian TV in Australia
SurfShark is our top pick for unblocking Indian TV channels in Australia because it has 50 servers in India, making it easy to watch all geo-blocked streaming websites in Australia.
If you’re looking to stream Indian films or series on platforms like Zee5 and Hotstar, then Surfshark is the odds-on favorite.
Here’s how to watch Indian TV channels in Australia;
- Go to Surfshark.com to register.
- Download and Install Surfshark VPN to your device.
- Use your email address and password to sign in when you are prompted.
- Type India in the search bar and pick a server to connect to.
- Go ahead to watch your desired Indian series!
Why do you need a VPN to watch Indian TV in Australia?
You’ll need a VPN to watch Indian TV channels in Australia because many of those channels are geo-restricted. The VPN will give you an Indian IP address, making it seem like you are in the country. Hence, the liberty to stream any content of your choice.
If you try without VPN, you’ll get an error.
For instance, we tried streaming DD Returns on Zee5 and we got an error message “Oops! No Information available” which was cleared with a VPN.
Additionally, a VPN keeps your data private with encryption. It will also improve your overall streaming speed and let you enjoy Indian TV channels without connection issues.
Best VPNs for Indian TV
A couple of VPN services have locations in India, but not all of them can safely bypass geo-restrictions.
So, to help you decide, we’ve tested several VPNs and only selected ones with the ability to circumvent geo-blocks and also with the fastest servers.
Our selections are based on the number of Indian servers, connection speeds, privacy, and security.
1. Surfshark – VPN with most servers in India
Out of its 3200+ servers in 100 countries, Surfshark has 50 servers dedicated to India. With this, you are sure to enjoy streaming Indian TV channels in Australia and switch servers when needed.
Another feature is the unlimited simultaneous connections. Indian TV channels feature rich and diverse content and with Surfshark, all family members and even friends can connect to any channel of their choice.
Surshark offers extra features like Camouflage mode which makes it harder for Indian TV channels with strong geo-blocks to detect you are using a VPN.
Also, it has one of the fastest speeds for streaming any type of content in HD quality.
Another important feature Surshark offers is split tunneling which allows you to use your VPN for selected activities. This ensures that other apps do not affect or slow down streaming.
- Multiple servers in 100+ locations including in India
- Very cost-effective
- Unlimited logins per account
- MultiHop servers
- Automatic kill switch feature
- Tested no-logs policy
- 30 days money back policy
- No split tunneling in some devices
SurfsharkGet super-fast speeds and zero geo locking errors on your favorite Indian TV channels!
2. ExpressVPN – Super fast speeds for streaming Indian TV
ExpressVPN is your go-to option when in need of a VPN with ultra-fast speed and unlimited bandwidth to stream Indian TV channels in Australia and in the best quality.
The VPN provider has a massive 3000 servers operating in 94 countries. It has multiple servers in India and this reduces the risk of latency while streaming Indian TV channels in Australia.
We used ExpressVPN to unblock tough geo-restrictions on channels like; SonyLiv, Zee5, Hotstar, and other top Indian TV channels and had no problems on any of them.
Additionally, ExpressVPN offers military-grade encryption to ensure your data is safe while streaming Indian TV channels in Australia.
And the Lightway protocol in ExpressVPN makes your streaming experience speedier.
- Servers in India and 90+ countries
- AES-256 bit encryption
- Strict no-logs policy
- Incredible streaming speed
- Top-notch customer support
- Compatible with MAC, Windows, Android, iOS, and many other devices
- Fewer simultaneous connections compared to other VPNs (max 8)
ExpressVPNUnlock Indian TV abroad and enjoy limitless streaming of all your favorite shows!
3. CyberGhost – Multiple Indian servers for streaming
CyberGhost is one of the most generous when it comes to the number of servers. The VPN offers 9500+ servers spanning over 90 countries including 29 Indian locations.
With its unlimited bandwidth and extremely fast connection speeds, you can binge-watch any Indian TV content from Australia with ease.
Another great CyberGhost feature is the Wireguard protocol. This ensures that your connection speed does not drop, making your browsing experience hassle-free.
In addition to that, this VPN’s 256-bit military encryption scrambles your data into an unreadable format, helping you stay anonymous while accessing Indian TV channels in Australia.
CyberGhost can be used simultaneously on over 7 devices and it is risk-free. Users are liable to a 45-day refund policy if they are not satisfied with the service.
- Fast streaming speed
- WireGuard protocol
- Strict no-logs policy
- 256-bit AES encryption
- 45 days money back guarantee
- 24/7 customer support
- Limited payment options
CyberGhostBypass region-locks on Indian TV and enjoy lightning-fast speeds for streaming!
4. Private Internet Access – Unlimited connections
With over 3100 servers in 24 countries, including 10 virtual servers in India, PIA users can comfortably bypass geo-restrictions on interesting Indian channels.
Another remarkable feature of PIA is its 10Gbps connectors and unlimited bandwidth. This gives users an opportunity to watch Indian TV channels in Australia for extended periods with no lags or buffering
With its proven no-logs policy, and the 256-bit encryption features, users can stay anonymous and secure while streaming Indian TV channels.
Finally, you can count on the PIA customer support team to assist you whenever you need help, plus it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. With this, you can test and get a refund if you don’t like the service.
- Unlimited number of connected devices
- Multiple Indian servers
- Automatic kill switch
- No- logs
- Advanced security protocols like Wireguard
- 30 days money back guarantee
- 24/7 customer support
- Somewhat hard to use app interface
Private Internet AccessStream Indian TV channels from Australia hassle-free and with no limitations!
5. PrivateVPN – Fast and reliable for Indian TV
PrivateVPN is a good service for watching Indian TV channels in Australia. It has 200+ servers in 63 countries, including 2 in India.
The VPN provides fast and reliable connections to ensure you stream Indian TV channels smoothly without buffering.
It also offers military-grade encryption to ensure that third parties don’t get to see the sites you are streaming from. So no restrictions or throttling for you.
It permits 6 simultaneous connections and you are entitled to a 30-day money-back policy if you don’t like the service.
Finally, PrivateVPN can unblock notable Indian TV channels like Amazon Prime, Hotstar, SonyLIV, and Zee5, giving you an opportunity to catch up with your desired Indian programs.
- Dedicated IP addresses
- DNS leak protection
- Kill switch
- Very affordable
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- Unreliable customer service
- Small server network
PrivateVPNLift geo-blocking barriers and watch Indian TV from Australia hitch-free.
Which Indian TV Channels can I stream online?
You can stream as much content as possible from an array of Indian TV channels in Australia when connected to a good VPN.
Find out some Indian TV channels you can watch online with the aid of a VPN:
- Hotstar (Free) – (The Night Manager, The Freelancer, The Last of Us, Hostages, The Mandalorian, Out of Love, Revenant, Star Wars: Andor, The Night Manager, Murder on the Orient Express)
- Zee5 (Free) – (Gadar 2, Haddi, Mark Antony, Sunflower, The Kashmir Files, Mrs Undercover, India Lockdown, Bhagya Lakshmi)
- Amazon Prime India (Paid) – (Kantara, The Big Sick, Kai Po Che, Laakhon Mein EK, Pataal Lok, Four More Shots Please, Made In Heaven, Breathe)
- Tata Play (Paid) – (Jailer, Gulaabs, The Kerala Story, The Family Man, Mirzapur, Comicstaan, Pushpavalli, One Mic Stand)
- SonyLIV (Paid) – (Scam, Por Thozhil, Rocket Boys, The Good Doctor, Scam 1992, Tanaav, Undekhi, Avrodh: The Siege Within)
- JioCinema (Free) – (Game of Thrones, The Last of Us, Taali, The Idol, Inspector Avinash, Entourage, White House Plumbers, Peacemaker)
- Times Now (Free) – (breaking news, politics, science and tech news)
- Eros Now (free) – (Jamun, Chocolate, Metro Park, Jamun, Halahal, Switchh, Haathi Mere Sasthi, Tanu weds Manu, Omkara)
- MyIndian TV (paid) – (Sunflower, Ray, Scam, Shershaah, Guns & Gulaabs, Kaala, The Freelancer, Aakhri Sach)
- Apne TV (free) – (Archaya, August 16, 1947, Dream Girl 2)
Is it legal to watch Indian TV in Australia with a VPN?
Yes, it is very legal to watch Indian TV in Australia with a VPN. There are no laws in Australia that restrict the use of VPN for watching foreign TV.
However, take note that not all streaming sites are okay with this practice.
For instance, Hotstar can detect that a VPN server is being used to access their site, and will immediately ban such IP addresses.
So you need a good VPN that can bypass this type of detection.
With certain copyright laws and licensing agreements in place, many Indian TV channels are blocked from users outside India which can be very disappointing to lovers of Indian culture and content.
You will find it difficult to access amazing content from top Indian TV channels like Hotstar or Zee5, but with a VPN connected, this is no longer a cause for concern.
With a high-quality VPN, you can watch Indian TV in Australia with ease.