Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help VPNCentral effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Google Bard is a new LaMDA-based AI chatbot that everyone wants to try out, but it is currently available only in the US and the UK.
That’s too bad because people all around want to try the chatbot’s responses to general questions, content creation capabilities, code production, and more.
Browse the web from multiple devices with industry-standard security protocols.
70% of our readers choose ExpressVPN
70% of our readers choose ExpressVPN
Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
When you access it from a restricted country, you get the error: Bard isn’t currently supported in your country. Stay tuned!
Luckily, there is a way around it, and we’ll show exactly what to do to unblock Bard from any country.
How to unblock Google Bard if it isn’t currently supported in your country?
Google Bard identifies your location based on your IP. Therefore, if it’s not supported in your country you’ll have to change your original IP to one from available countries.
Consequently, you’ll have to change your original IP to one from the US or UK. Below are two trusted ways to do that and access BArd within minutes.
1. Use a VPN
As mentioned, with a VPN for Bard, you can change your real IP to one from a different region. Consequently, you’ll be able to access Google Bard as if you were in a supported country.
Here is how to access Google Bard with VPN:
- Get a VPN subscription plan.
Your safest bet for Google Bard is an untraceable VPN like NordVPN.
- Download and install the app to your device.
- Open the VPN and sign in to your account.
- Search and connect to a UK or US server. We picked the UK this time.
- Once connected, open your browser and access Google Bard. The geo-restriction will be lifted and you’ll be able to sign up for an account.
Nord VPN has over 1970 US and over 400 UK servers, making it a reliable VPN service provider for unblocking Bard.
Moreover, with NordVPN’s obfuscation feature, your IP changes twice, and your connection is protected with an extra layer of encryption.
This means your traffic will pass as regular ISP traffic. Consequently, Google Bard won’t get any information about your actual location, even if they will at some point employ VPN detection features.
NordVPNChange your location to available countries to easily access Google Bard from anywhere in the world!
2. Use smart DNS
Smart DNS is another option for masking your location and unblocking Google Bard if it isn’t supported in your country.
It will redirect your DNS requests which will make it seem you’re in a different country.
The best Smart DNS service right now which has a good number of locations both in the US and the UK is SmartDNS Proxy. Here’s how to set it up on a PC:
- Go to the SmartDNS Proxy website to sign up.
- On your PC, right-click on the Windows icon and select Network Connections.
- Select Change adapter options under the Advanced network settings.
- Right-click on your connected service to select Properties at the bottom.
- Untick the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
- Back to your browser, go to Smart DNS Proxy’s server list, and copy the address of a location in the US or UK. We picked the United States.
- Return to the WiFi Properties panel and double-click on the “Internet Protocol Version 4 option. Click Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Input the address you copied in the Preferred DNS server field. Add another US or UK-based address in the Alternate DNS server field.
- Now, you should be able to sign up on Google Bard.
SmartDNSProxy is one of the market’s leading DNS providers, with over 200 servers available worldwide.
It will unblock Google Bard if it’s not currently supported in your country, but it has fewer security features than VPNs.
There’s still a slight chance Bard will trace your location, but we didn’t have any issues with it so far.
Moreover, it has a 7-day free trial, so you can test it yourself without any commitments.
SmartDNS ProxyUse Google Bard from anywhere using this handy geo-unblocking tool!
Why is Bard currently not supported in your country?
Bard is still in the development stage. That’s why it is not yet available globally.
Since its announcement, it has allowed only users in the United States and the United Kingdom to start using it.
Also, it may not be available in certain countries due to legal restrictions, language support limitations, or other technical or logistical factors.
For instance, certain Google services aren’t available in countries like Crimea, Cuba, Iran, or Donetsk People’s Republic.
It’s only natural to assume Google Bard won’t be available there any time soon.
However, it’s yet to be released in many countries. But you don’t have to wait as there are ways to access it right now.
If Google Bard isn’t currently supported in your country you can still access it by changing your virtual location.
The most reliable way to do that is through a VPN connection. Another good option is spoofing your location with smart DNS.