Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help VPNCentral effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Samsung Smart TVs have different apps available depending on the region where they are sold. For example, if you bought your TV from outside the US, you won’t have access to the apps that are available in the US market.
Fortunately, there is a way around this if you want to access apps from other regions, but this will only help you solve a part of the issue. For example, you can change the region of your Samsung Smart TV by using the settings.
Browse the web from multiple devices with industry-standard security protocols.
70% of our readers choose ExpressVPN
70% of our readers choose ExpressVPN
Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
Although you can install apps from a new region, you won’t be able to use them due to geo-blocking, especially for streaming services. Simply changing the region alone won’t be helpful.
In addition, you will need to find a way to bypass these geo-restrictions. This can be done with the use of a Smart DNS or VPN service. All you need to do is take a look at how you can first change your region, and then you’ll find how you can use a Smart DNS or VPN as well.
How to change the region on Samsung TV
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Press the Home button and go to Settings. If you have a newer model, long-press Home, then select Quick Settings>All settings.
Select General> Setup or General> Reset (depending on the model).
Enter your pin code and choose your language. For the country, select Other.
When on the Terms and Conditions page follow the path on your remote: Mute>Vol up> Chanel Up>Mute.
This will prompt a list of countries. Choose your preferred location.
As mentioned, this trick lets you install apps from different regions. But due to geo-blocks, you may not be able to use them. The easiest way to get past that is to use a VPN to change your location.
With 35 000 servers in 80+ countries, PIA ticks all the boxes of what’s required for seamless and unrestricted streaming on Samsung TV. It’s fast, private, and easy to use.
Private Internet AccessUnlock regional streaming apps and access international content libraries using this fast VPN with streaming-optimized servers!
How can I change the region on my Samsung Smart TV?
Depending on your Samsung Smart TV series, you can change your region as shown in the examples below:
- Change region on a Samsung Smart Hub
- Change region on Samsung Smart TV F-Series and J-Series
- Change region on Samsung Smart TV K-Series
- How to change region on Samsung Smart TV 7 Series
- Change region on Samsung TV QLed
Just follow the steps in the solutions presented and you should be good to go.
1️⃣ Change region on a Samsung Smart Hub
- Press the Smart Hub button on the remote control.
- After Smart Hub has loaded, press 2, 8, 9, then (fast forward, 2, 8, 9, rewind).
- Under Internet Service Location Setup, choose the country of your choice. Beware that you can only have apps from one region installed at a time. In other words, you can’t have US and Canada’s applications installed concurrently.
- Select Next.
- Agree to the Terms of Service Agreement.
- Select OK to start the update. After the update, your old applications will be removed and default ones for the new region will be installed. After Smart Hub is rebooted, you can install applications from the new region.
- Restart your Samsung Smart TV.
Now you should be able to access Samsung Smart Hub geo-blocked content from the location you picked in step 3. If you want to switch, just repeat the above-mentioned steps, but pick another service location.
2️⃣ Change region on Samsung Smart TV F-Series and J-Series
- Press the Source button on your remote control.
- Select TV Source.
- Press the Menu button on the remote.
- Choose Setup (if you are allowed to choose Setup, go to step 10; otherwise, go to Support).
- Select Self Diagnosis.
- Select Reset.
- Enter the PIN code. It is 0000 (four zeros) by default unless you changed it.
- Select Yes to return to factory defaults.
- After the reset, your TV will restart, and then you’ll be able to continue with the setup.
- Select your Language.
- Set the Country as Others.
- Select Scan. You’ll be able to stop it later.
- Press the following on your remote consecutively: mute, return, volume+, channel up, mute.
- Scroll down the list and select the country (e.g. USA, Canada, Mexico, UK, etc.).
- Agree to the Supplemental Privacy Notices and select Next.
- Select a service provider or Skip it for later.
- Once setup is complete, select OK and restart your Samsung Smart TV.
- Enjoy using your favorite apps and services from the new country.
3️⃣ Change region on Samsung Smart TV K-Series
- Press the Settings button from your remote control.
- Go to Support and select Self Diagnosis.
- Select Reset Smart Hub, which will reset your Smart Hub and Samsung account settings to factory defaults.
- Enter the PIN (0000 unless you changed it) and select OK.
- Wait for the reset to complete. Do not turn off the TV until you get the Reset complete.
- Once the reset is finished, select System from settings, then select Start Setup. Enter the PIN and select OK.
- Select your preferred language.
- Select your Wireless Connection.
- Your Smart TV will check the connection and try to connect to the internet.
- Press 2, 8, 9 on the traditional remote, not the smart one.
- Choose your country of choice.
4️⃣ How to change region on Samsung Smart TV 7 Series
- Press the home button from your Samsung Smart TV remote.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Slide down, find Support and acces it.
- Go and click Self-Diagnosis.
- Go to the Reset Smart Hub.
- You will have to enter a four-digit pin. Normally it’s 0000, but if you have your own, input it.
- After that, go to Setup.
- Press MUTE button > VOLUME UP > CHANNEL UP > MUTE AGAIN on your remote.
- You will now be required to set up your Internet service location. Then, you have access to a list of countries from where you can choose your preferred country.
- Scroll down until you’ll find your region, select your country location, then click OK.
- Click on Agree to all and press OK.
- Log in again using your Samsung Smart TV login credentials.
Your Samsung Smart TV is now fully configured and ready to be used in the new location.
Now you can change the region on your Samsung Smart TV 7 Series with only a few simple clicks only using a remote. However, if you want to know how to change the region on a Samsung Smart TV 8 Series, the process is the same, albeit the interface may differ.
5️⃣ How do I change the region on my Samsung Qled?
- Go to TV Settings from the Home screen.
- Select General -> Setup or General -> Reset depending on your TV model to restart your Samsung TV.
- Make sure not to use the SmartThings app during the setup process.
- Enter the PIN code. It is usually ‘0000’ unless you’ve manually changed it before.
- Choose your preferred language.
- Set country to Other.
- Continue the setup as you’d usually do and stop at the Terms and Conditions page.
- On the Terms and Conditions page, follow the path on your remote:
- Traditional Remote: Mute > Volume up > Channel up > Mute
- Samsung One Remote: VOL -> VOL Up -> Channel Up -> VOL
- Choose UK or US from the list of countries or choose Full Apps to get access to all compatible streaming channels and applications.
🌐 How can I access geo-blocked content on my Samsung Smart TV?
Even though you managed to change the region for your Samsung Smart TV in order to be able to install apps that were unavailable in your previous region, you’ll still have to deal with geo-blocking.
For example, you’ll notice that most content belonging to various streaming services that can be accessed via the apps you installed, will be geo-restricted.
Unfortunately, it’s not enough to just change the region. It’s useless to have the apps installed on your Samsung Smart TV and not be able to enjoy the content provided through them.
Therefore, you can use a Smart DNS or a VPN service in order to bypass geo-blocking. You can easily configure your Samsung Smart TV to use a Smart DNS by changing the settings on your TV console.
On the other hand, if you want to use a VPN with your Samsung Smart TV, you will need to set up the VPN on your router first and then connect your TV to it.
➡️ Configure a Smart DNS on your Samsung Smart TV
- Press the Menu button on your Samsung remote.
- Select Network.
- Select Network Status.
- Select IP Settings.
- Scroll down to DNS Settings.
- Switch your DNS Settings to Enter Manually.
- Scroll down to DNS server.
- Enter the DNS server address provided by your Smart DNS service.
- Select OK.
- Restart your Samsung Smart TV.
➡️ Set up a VPN service on your router
Of course, you can also use a VPN service in order to change country on Samsung TV and bypass geo-restrictions while trying to access content from the apps installed on your Samsung Smart TV.
Depending on the router model as well as the VPN service provider you choose, you can set up the VPN on your router by following the instructions in the corresponding guides.
The process itself is not hard as long as you follow carefully all the steps. In order to benefit from the best performance, we recommend that you get a reliable and well-reputed VPN for Samsung Smart TV such as one of these three:
- NordVPN – offers a comprehensive guide on how you can configure it on your router
A good VPN service not only will it allows you to circumvent geo-blocking, but will also ensure the protection of all devices connected to the router you used. When you’re connected to the internet and utilize a VPN, all your traffic is anonymized and your sensitive data is secured via strong encryption.
All things considered, we do hope that after following the steps presented above, you will manage to change the country on Samsung Smart TV regardless of the model/series you own.
Will my US Samsung TV work in Europe?
If you have a Samsung smart TV and don’t care about watching local TV and prefer to watch apps like Netflix or Hulu, an adapter should be enough for the Samsung TV to work in Europe. You can use an internet connection for your TV to stream content to it via an app.
It’s possible that you won’t be able to access all smart TV apps, but this shouldn’t be a big deal. If you prefer to watch local TV rather than an app, you will most likely require an HDMI video format converter. This will convert the format to NTSC, which is required in Europe.
Nevertheless, by using the Smart DNS feature or the Media Streamer in ExpressVPN for your trusted VPN in combination with a converter you should be able to make it work, accessing Europe content even if you are in the US.
Using a VPN service, you can change your smart TV’s apparent location. This ensures that your apps function properly no matter where you are in the world.
The comprehensive Private Internet Access service can also help you with other important aspects like:
- Bypass censorship
- Encrypt your traffic
- Avoid ISP bandwidth throttling
- Install the MediaStreamer if your TV is not supporting VPN natively
- Connect your smart TV to a VPN-enabled router
While you will be able to use some apps that are available for the new region to the full extent, you’ll also need to get around geo-blocking in the case of many others, particularly popular streaming services.
Consequently, after successfully changing your Samsung Smart TV region, you need to make sure that you find a way to circumvent any potential geo-blocks.
So, that’s why we provided you with the option of using a Smart DNS or a VPN.
With any of these services, you’ll be able to enjoy any type of content via your Samsung Smart TV apps without any limitations.