Since Dead by Daylight is getting more popular, so also is the number of people who get banned daily.
When a player is banned from the game, they can no longer play or use their email to register.
Many people worry about getting banned from playing the game for life but they don’t know how to avoid it.
We’ll discuss what gets you banned and how to approach the DBD team about it.
Using a VPN is also a great option because it can help lift the ban, protect data and also fix connectivity issues in Dead by Daylight.
Can you get banned on Dead by Daylight?
Yes, you can get banned for life by Daylight. Doing certain things in the game can actually lead to a permanent ban.
How long is a dead-by-daylight ban?
Dead by Daylight ban periods vary, based on the specific offense. If you are caught breaking the rules and regulations you can get:
- 24-hour ban on Dead by Daylight
- 48-hour ban on Dead by Daylight
- 1-week ban on Dead by Daylight
- Dead by daylight permanent ban
This game is one of the few that takes its regulations very seriously, and an offense to their players might get you banned for life.
What can you be banned for in DBD?
You can get banned for a variety of reasons, which include:
Threatening other players or releasing their private information can get you banned permanently from Dead by Daylight. Anything that happens outside the game should stay outside the game.
It doesn’t matter if the person you’re talking to or threatening is someone you know. So, if you have a complaint while playing, make sure to report it to the Dead by the Daylight support team.
🔺 Using third-party software for suspicious/ forbidden acts
Utilizing third-party software or other tools to obtain any unfair advantage that wasn’t intended by the game, or to access any content or features that are not otherwise available, violates the game’s terms of service.
🔺 Disconnecting from a match to avoid losing
If you try to avoid losing by abandoning the game, you will get a temporary ban that won’t allow you to enter other matches for a while.
🔺 Intentionally targeting other players
You should know that certain acts, such as cooperating with one team to obtain an edge or cause problems for the other team and attacking certain players multiple times, make playing the game unpleasant for them.
Can you get unbanned from Dead by Daylight?
As mentioned, in many cases the ban is temporary, so you can just wait it out.
However, if you think you have been banned by mistake or don’t have the patience to wait for the ban period to end, there are other things you can try.
→ Use a VPN
Dead by Daylight doesn’t ban your IP address, but individual accounts, that’s why many users that get banned simply create a new account.
However, if you create a new account with the same IP, the Dead by Daylight team will probably figure it out and ban you again for attempting ban evasion.
That’s why using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) can help because it masks your real IP and assigns you a virtual one. So if you don’t have the patience to wait until your ban period expires, sign up for a VPN:
- Decide on a good VPN. For Dead by Daylight, we recommend ExpressVPN because it has lightning-fast gaming servers and total traffic encryption to make sure you remain untraceable on DBD.
- Install the VPN to your device and connect to a server by pressing the power button in the main UI.
- Head to the Behaviuor official page to create a new account. It’s DBD’s developer and you have to create an account there to access DBD.
- After you added your information, open DBD and access it with your new account.
Make sure you always connect to VPN before accessing the game. If you expose your real IP, you risk getting banned again.
ExpressVPN is actually one of the best VPNs for Dead by Daylight that can help reduce high-ping and lag for seamless gaming sessions.
ExpressVPNUse this untraceable VPN to remove and prevent bans on DBD!
→ Contact the support team
This can get you unbanned if you didn’t actually break the rules and was banned by mistake. If you are in this situation, explaining what happened can lift your ban.
All you have to do is make a Dead by-Daylight ban appeal, and to do this, you will have to go to their website and submit a ticket:
- Select information about my ban.
- Type in the email address that is associated with your account,
- Give the message a topic, such as Dead by Daylight Ban Appeal.
- Under Description of the issue/request, explain your situation and why you think you have been banned by mistake.
- Choose the appropriate operating system.
- Enter your player ID.
- Choose the right date for the event that caused your Dead by Daylight account to be shut down.
- Click submit.
Dead by Daylight bans are there to give game users the best gaming experience and protect them from malicious users.
Getting a VPN can help you lift off bans and can also help improve speed for better gaming.
Therefore, if you want to keep playing the game without getting banned, comply with all their rules and regulations.
If you have been banned from the game, use our recommendations to get back in the game.