Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help VPNCentral effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Player’s Unknown Battlegrounds popularly known as PUBG is a famous shooting game that is played by billions of people around the world.
However, there is a common problem that PUGB gamers encounter and that is a server timeout problem.
Browse the web from multiple devices with industry-standard security protocols.
70% of our readers choose ExpressVPN
70% of our readers choose ExpressVPN
Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
This issue can be really infuriating when you are in the middle of the action like when striking your opponent.
The good thing is there are a couple of solutions that can prevent this from happening and help you fix the PUBG connection timeout error.
In this article, we outline easy fixes that will give you the chance to play your game without any distractions.
Why is my PUGB always timing out?
📶 Internet connection is the most common cause of PUGB always timing out. When there is a disturbance to your network connection, PUGB will log you out of your gaming session.
🌎 Playing from a restricted location can also be another thing that may be stopping you from enjoying your game.
How do I fix my PUGB connection timeout?
Follow these simple instructions to fix your PUBG new state connection timeout and your PUBG connection timeout on PS4/PS5, Xbox, PC, and mobile.
Note that some of these solutions are specific to the Windows operating system as it is the most common operating system.
1. Perform a power cycle
A power cycle removes bugs that accumulate in your connection over time. It’s a simple fix but it’s actually able to solve a lot of connection problems.
- Turn off your device by pressing the power button for at least 5 seconds.
- Unplug your router/modem from the power source (remove the battery if your modem uses battery backup).
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Plug the modem/router back in or insert the battery back in.
- Restart your PC and try to connect to the Internet source again.
Confirm that your network connection is strong and fast because this could be the reason you cannot get past the timeout error.
A bad internet connection can also increase ping, and this leads to lagging, latency, and automatic logout from the game.
If you still encounter a roadblock with your connection, then contact your ISP to know what is the problem. Also, make sure to be in an environment with a good network signal.
2. Use a VPN
A good VPN for PUBG can increase your network speed and control game latency and high pings.
Using a VPN can increase Internet speed and connect you to a more suitable server for your game. We recommend Private Internet Access because it has a very resourceful server network.
- Get a VPN subscription. We use Private Internet Access for PUBG.
- Download the app to your device and install it.
- Launch the VPN app and connect to a server.
- Open PUBG and see if you can play.
This VPN can also come in handy if you want to play PUBG from restricted locations, as it can fix the PUBG Lite is unavailable in your region error.
Private Internet AccessImprove Internet connection and get rid of the timeout error in PUBG by connecting to PIA!
3. Free up disk space
This is another solution that can help stop the PUBG connection timeout error message for good.
The pile-up of unnecessary data can affect the way PUBG functions and may constantly make the game timeout.
3.1. Clear the PUBG app Cache
🟨 Clear the PUBG app Cache on PC
- Go to the search bar on your PC taskbar and type settings, then hit enter.
- Select Apps from the list and then Apps and Features.
- Find PUBG and click on advanced options.
- Click the reset button.
The cache is a collection of data concerning particular apps over time.
🟨 Clear the PUBG app Cache on Android
- Open the settings panel.
- Scroll down to Storage.
- Tap on Other apps.
- Find the PUBG app on your device and select it.
- Tap Clear cache.
🟨 Clear the PUBG app Cache on iOS
- Open Settings.
- Scroll down to the PUBG app.
- Enable the Reset app cache on the next launch.
- The data will be deleted.
3.2. Clear your PC data
- Type in Disk Cleanup in the search bar on your taskbar.
- Click to open the disk cleaner.
- Select the drive you want to clean up and press OK.
This utility scans your device for temporary and unnecessary files that can be removed for better device performance.
It does a good job at identifying and deleting clutter, but if you need specialized help, you can also use dedicated memory cleanup software.
4. Reinstall PUBG
The reason why you have the PUBG connection timeout error can also be that you are still playing an old or corrupt version of the game.
This is because the old version may contain bugs, and this will constantly interfere with your gaming session.
This can be done by uninstalling PUBG and installing it again on your device.
Also, make sure that your operating system is updated to the latest version, and that you have enough storage capacity on your device, as all these contribute to issues with PUBG.
If your PUBG app won’t launch after update/reinstalling, consider adjusting your settings and taking a look at your Internet configuration, including the DNS servers.
5. Check antivirus and firewall settings
PUBG connection timeout errors also happen when your firewall settings disrupt your gaming session.
Take a look at them and change them to accommodate PUBG. The anti-virus installed on your device can have the same effect, by blocking access to the game.
5.1. Whitelist PUBG in your antivirus
- Open the Windows Defender antivirus.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on General > Exclusions.
- Click on File paths > Browse.
- Navigate to where the EXE file of PUBG is and exclude it.
- Confirm changes and enable real-time protection again.
5.2. Allow PUBG through the firewall
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down to Firewall and click
- Click Windows Firewall
- Select Allow an app or feature through firewall
- An ‘Allowed window’ will pop up. Click on the ‘change settings’ button
- Check the box next to PUBG
- Click Ok
If you use a third-party antivirus tool or firewall, the process should be quite similar. These utilities are generally intuitive.
Consider using an antivirus with gaming mode and booster if you want to avoid such issues from happening in the future.
How can I make PUBG work smoother?
You can tweak your settings for better performance in PUBG. Take a look at your graphics settings and change to a lower resolution.
This generally really helps speed up the game. Also, make sure your Internet connection is up. Using a VPN can help you with PUBG whether you play on a PC or mobile.
We hope this guide helped you understand how to fix this error and what to do to avoid it from happening again. Let us know which solutions helped you and whether you have any questions.