YouTube Music is an excellent streaming service that allows you to listen to your favorite tracks, watch music videos, create playlists, and much more.
However, users still face an uphill battle when located in a restricted country or browsing through a monitored network. Moreover, some ISPs deliberately slow down your connection when using YouTube, making playback a nightmare of buffering and low quality.
The best solution is to unblock YouTube Music through a VPN.
This will not only provide access to the platform but also let you take advantage of both its free and Premium versions, and also YouTube TV.
How to Unblock YouTube Music in a Geo-Restricted Country?
The service is only available in around 100 countries. If you’re unlucky enough to live in a restricted area, you’ll need a VPN to unblock it.
ExpressVPN, PIA, and CyberGhost are all solid choices. Hola VPN is also an option, but it can sometimes struggle with YouTube.
So, we decided to go with ExpressVPN for this particular job. It has great worldwide coverage, and you can easily connect to a fast and reliable server in a region where YouTube Music is available.
You can opt for a monthly, 6-month, or yearly plan, and all subscriptions come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Additionally, its mobile Android and iOS apps offer a 7-day trial if you want a free taste of the VPN for YouTube Music.
Now, let’s see how it all comes together.
If you’re on a Windows desktop or laptop, ExpressVPN offers a simple lightweight program with a one-click connection.
Here’s how to set it up:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the Windows app, available for Windows 11 through 7. Then, sign into your account using the activation key and your email/password credentials.
- Choose a location from the recommended list to ensure the fastest speeds for music streaming. YouTube Music availability reaches across the US and Europe, so picking a location in these regions is the best option.
- To connect, simply click the big on/off button and wait for it to say “connected”.
- Open your preferred browser and visit music.youtube.com for unrestricted usage.
What’s more, if your ISP is throttling your YouTube traffic, using ExpressVPN will boost your connection speed and improve streaming quality.
ExpressVPNTrying to unblock YouTube Music? This VPN can do it in seconds.
The dedicated ExpressVPN app can also provide access to unblocked YouTube Music content on Mac systems. It works with Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, and High Sierra macOS versions.
- Register with ExpressVPN.
- Choose the Mac app from the download page, then log in using the activation code and your email/password details.
- Select a country from the recommended list to get fast speeds for music video playback. You can easily get YouTube Music unblocked by choosing a location in the United States or Europe.
- Connect to the VPN by clicking the large on/off icon. It will usually say “connected” within a few seconds.
- Open Safari or another browser and go to music.youtube.com to access it without restriction.
YouTube Music is also available via mobile apps for Android and iOS.
Here’s how to get it up and running on your Android device:
- Sign up to ExpressVPN via a mobile browser.
- Download the ExpressVPN Android app from Google Play, then sign in using your credentials.
- Accept permissions for network traffic monitoring and decide whether to send crash reports and other data to ExpressVPN.
- Tap Location and choose from the list of recommended countries for the fastest speeds.
- Tap the Tap to connect button to activate the VPN.
- Open and enjoy the unblocked YouTube Music app.
You can do the same on iOS by getting the ExpressVPN iOS app. It’s available for iOS versions 16 through 12 and works across iPhones and iPads.
- Join ExpressVPN via your mobile browser.
- Then, download the app from the Apple App Store and log in with your email and password.
- Tap Location and select one of the recommended countries from the list to ensure a fast connection.
- Tap the Tap to connect button to turn the service on.
- Open the unblocked music app.
How to Unblock YouTube Music on a Restricted Network?
If your school, workplace, or other network blocks access to the platform, a VPN is the ideal workaround. It does this by hiding the origin of your traffic. Furthermore, the likes of ExpressVPN encrypt your data, so your network admin can’t tell you’re using such a service at all.
Let’s see how to gain access to YouTube Music on Windows computers and devices:
- Get one of the ExpressVPN plans.
- Download and install the Windows software, available for versions 11 to 7. Then, log into your account using the activation key and your email/password.
- Click a location from the list of recommended regions, ensuring good speeds for video.
- Click the on/off button, then wait for it to say “connected”.
- Open your browser of choice, and music.youtube.com will now be unrestricted.
Similarly, you can get YouTube Music unblocked on macOS with the dedicated ExpressVPN app:
- Go to ExpressVPN and choose a plan.
- Go to the Products tab and click Mac under VPN Apps. Once installed, sign in using the activation code and your email/password details.
- Select a location from the recommended list to get optimal speeds.
- Connect to the service by clicking the big on/off icon.
- Open Safari or your preferred browser and load music.youtube.com to access it without restrictions.
All you need to unblock YouTube Music is a good service like ExpressVPN. You can easily get around geo-restrictions and network bans as it encrypts your traffic and has server locations all over the world. This includes the United States and Europe, where YouTube Music is available.
With the tips above, you’ll be listening to and watching your favorites in no time! And if you’re experiencing any YouTube-related issues with your current VPN, check out this easy guide.