We understand how frustrating it can be when you’re trying to enjoy your favorite shows on Stan TV, but you’re unable to access them.
It’s not uncommon for users to encounter error messages like Stan is not available in your region when their VPN isn’t working with Stan TV.
You may be using a VPN server outside Australia or a weak VPN.
But don’t worry, we’re here to help.
We’ll explore the possible reasons for this issue and provide quick solutions to help you get back to streaming your favorite shows in no time.
Why is Stan TV not working with VPN?
Several reasons can cause Stan TV not to work with a VPN, including:
- You’re using a VPN or have a specific DNS configuration that is incompatible with Stan TV
- Leaks of your true location and your actual IP
- Browser cookies reveal your real IP and location
- Stan TV may have previously blacklisted the VPN IP address you’re using
- If your VPN speed is very slow, Stan TV may not work properly.
How to fix Stan TV not working with VPN?
1. Try another server
Stan TV may not work with some VPN servers due to IP bans, too many simultaneous connections, or configuration issues that can result in IP leaks.
So, if you’re experiencing issues with one server, try another one from Australia. Keep in mind that finding a server that works correctly with Stan TV may take some trial and error.
Follow these steps to switch servers:
- Disconnect from your current VPN server.
- On your VPN app, expand the server list and type Australia in the search box.
- Select another server in Australia from the dropdown list.
- Open your Stan TV again.
2. Clear your browser
If you’re using a VPN and Stan TV stops working unexpectedly, it could be because it detects you’re using a VPN.
This occurs when the location data in your cookie does not match your VPN location, causing the platform to block your IP address.
To fix this issue, you can clear your cookies to eliminate any evidence of your actual IP address and bypass any VPN blocks.
Here’s how to do that:
- Access your browser’s settings by clicking on the three dots or lines in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Click on Privacy & Security.
- Select Clear Browsing Data.
- Choose the option to delete all cookies and other site data, then select Clear Data.
It’s a simple solution that can get you back to streaming your favorite shows from Canada, the US, Europe, or other places outside Australia.
Also, clearing cookies can enhance browsing speed and protect online privacy.
While we’ve used Chrome as an example, the same process applies to other popular browsers such as Edge, Opera, and Firefox.
3. Use a different VPN provider
Consider switching to a different VPN provider if your current one has no server in Australia, has slow or unreliable connections, or cannot bypass Stan TV’s VPN blocking.
We recommend using Private Internet Access (PIA) as it has wide server coverage in Australia.
Here’s how to use PIA on Stan TV.
- Subscribe to a PIA plan and download the software.
- Install the app and login into your account.
- Browse the server list and select a server from Australia. Double-click or tap on it to connect.
- With your VPN connected, open Stan TV, it should now work.
PIA has the largest number of servers, with a global total of over 35,000 and over 185 in Australia.
This means that each server will serve fewer users as a result preventing too many simultaneous connections.
And you’ll have a wider range of IP addresses to switch if one isn’t working.
Plus, you can get dedicated IP VPN addresses in Melbourne and Sydney for only an additional $5/month on top of your PIA VPN subscription.
With that, you can completely control your security and privacy.
Also, PIA uses sophisticated, military-grade AES-256 encryption to protect your identity, information, and online activity.
The encryption works by scrambling your data to become unreadable without a decryption key.
That means no one can guess or crack the key and gain access to your encrypted data.
Private Internet AccessWatch Stan TV error free from any country in the world with this untraceable VPN!
It can be frustrating when Stan TV is not working with VPN, especially if you’re traveling outside Australia and want to access your favorite shows and movies.
However, by following the fixes outlined in this article, you should be able to resolve the issue and enjoy streaming on Stan TV using a VPN.