Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help VPNCentral effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Do you crave to watch BBC iPlayer in Turkey? Count yourself lucky.
This British television platform is well-known for its great collection of shows, documentaries, and sports. However, it’s available only for viewers in the United Kingdom.
Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
70% of our readers choose Private Internet Access
70% of our readers choose ExpressVPN
Browse the web from multiple devices with industry-standard security protocols.
Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
As such, it uses geo-blocking to lock out viewers from other territories. But luckily, there’s an easy workaround.
Let me show you:
Quick Guide: How to watch BBC iPlayer in Turkey
Follow these simple steps:
- Get a reliable VPN. I use NordVPN because it’s fast, secure, and has great unblocking capabilities.
- Download and install the app.
- Launch the VPN and connect to a server in the UK.
- Open BBC iPlayer and create an account.
- Enjoy streaming!
Why do you need a VPN to watch BBC iPlayer in Turkey?
Without using one, you’ll encounter a message stating the service isn’t available in your region.
This occurs due to the following:
- Copyright restrictions: The content on BBC iPlayer is only licensed for broadcast in the UK. As such, the platform has to abide by it to avoid legal issues.
- Licensing limitations: The BBC iPlayer currently lacks regulatory licenses to offer services outside the UK.
- Funding and audience targeting: The BBC iPlayer is funded by UK taxpayers. This ensures its limited resources go towards serving locals who pay for TV license fees.
Luckily, a VPN can spoof your location by assigning you a UK-based IP address. This way, it tricks BBC iPlayer into granting you access.
So, you’ll be able to stream shows from virtually anywhere. But this can only happen if you choose a reliable vendor.
Let’s check out how this works.:
How to watch BBC iPlayer in Turkey
As said earlier, you need a VPN to stream BBC iPlayer in Turkey. But not every service out there will work.
You need a vendor with adequate UK coverage, streaming-optimized servers, and strong encryption. That’s if you care about your security and watching content in 4K.
And since you most likely do, I recommend you:
NordVPN is a well-known VPN that’s popular among streaming junkies. It has over 5,000 servers worldwide, including 440+ in the UK.
The service offers top-notch connection protocols that are secure and optimized for speed. These include the likes of NordLynx, WireGuard, and IKEv2/IPsec.
You can also use the service on up to eight devices simultaneously. That’s more than enough to cover all gadgets in your household.
Here’s how you can use it to watch BBC iPlayer:
- Go to NordVPN and subscribe to the service.
- Download and install the VPN on your device.
- Launch the VPN and log into your account.
- Choose a server in the UK and connect.
- Go to BBC iPlayer and register for the service. Remember to select the United Kingdom under Country.
- Use UK Postcode to generate a UK-based postcode if asked to provide one.
- Select any program to watch once you complete registration.
❗ But wait:
BBC may ask if you have a TV license. This is a must-have requirement for residents in the UK.
Fortunately, the platform doesn’t have a way to verify if you have one. So click I have a TV license to continue watching.
NordVPNEnjoy fast and lag-free streaming of high-quality shows on BBC iPlayer in Turkey.
As you can see, it’s super easy to watch BBC iPlayer in Turkey. All it takes is a good VPN and you’re good to go.
NordVPN stands out for being affordable, reliable, and fast. But there are other streaming VPNs you might want to consider.
All in all, there’s no time to waste. You’re now a few clicks away from enjoying the best of British entertainment.