Fortinet’s market share has steadily grown, positioning the company as a leading cybersecurity provider with a solid foothold.
But how big is it really? Who uses it? And who are its major competitors?
You’re about to find out.
The latest statistics on Fortinet’s market dominance provide valuable insight into the company’s success and commitment to cyber protection.
Read on to learn all about it:
Fascinating Fortinet market share statistics
Before diving into the nitty-gritty, let’s check out some of the most fascinating Fortinet market share stats for an overall peek:
- Fortinet has led in security appliance shipments for nine consecutive years, showing the solid adoption of its tech.
- The company earned a 36.8% unit market share for the combined firewall, Unified Threat Management (UTM), and VPN markets.
- In 2021, Fortinet accelerated its revenue growth for the total security appliance market year-over-year at 20.9%.
- North America remained the most prominent security market in Q3, with $9.6 billion in sales, accounting for 53.8% of global spending.
- On average, the Fortinet website received 4.3 million visits during the last three months of 2023, with each lasting an average of 7 minutes.
- 58% of Fortinet’s website visitors are aged between 25 and 44 years old, making it the platform’s largest user group.
Impressive, right? Such statistics point to the advantages the company holds above the competition.
Now let’s learn more in detail:
General Fortinet market share data
Fortinet provides the necessary utilities required by every business and individual to remain safe online, leading to exciting stats about the company. This puts it among the top companies in the industry.
Here’s some general Fortinet market share data:
1. Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, Cisco, CheckPoint, and SonicWALL were the top cyber security providers of 2022.
As technology evolves, more users turn to fraudulent behaviors, pushing businesses to look for leading cybersecurity providers like Fortinet.
As a result, the top players’ market share is seeing significant annual growth. Palo Alto Networks leads with an 8.4% share of the pie. Cisco comes second with 6.9%, while Fortinet is third, with 6.7%.
2. Fortinet has led in security appliance shipments for nine consecutive years.
According to Fortinet, the company has dominated the market in security appliance shipments for nine consecutive years.
As a result of the platform’s continued leadership, users have adapted to the innovative technology solutions and fast growth Fortinet delivers.
Fortinet market share data by revenue
The revenue of a tech company points to the scale of its success, commitment, and market share.
Here’s some Fortinet market share data by revenue:
3. In 2021, Fortinet saw appliance shipments increase by 31.4% compared to 2020.
Based on a Fortinet report, in 2021 the company saw a 31.4% increase in appliance shipments, compared to the year before.
Accordingly, Fortinet remains on top of the market by shipping more security appliances than any other vendor.
4. Fortinet earned a 36.8% unit market share for the combined firewall, Unified Threat Management (UTM), and VPN markets.
Firewalls, UTMs, and VPN services are essential to modern network security, and Fortinet utilizes all three to provide maximum protection.
According to the company’s analytics, Fortinet earned a 36.8% unit market share for the combined markets of the products mentioned.
5. In 2021, Fortinet accelerated its revenue growth for the total security appliance market, reaching 20.9% year-over-year.
A company’s revenue growth accurately determines its scale of success in the industry.
Accordingly, Fortinet accelerated its revenue growth for the total security appliance market year-over-year at 20.9% in 2021.
Fortinet market share data by country
Businesses and individuals in different countries adapt to various cybersecurity solutions, leading to diverse geographical stats worldwide.
Fortinet’s revenue has grown all across the globe between 2020 and 2022.
Here are some interesting Fortinet market stats by country:
6. As of 2022, the Americas are Fortinet’s biggest market, generating revenues close to $1.8 billion.
Being Fortinet’s largest market, the Americas have brought the company $1.78 billion in revenue in the past year.
The number is up by $700 million compared to 2020.
7. Africa, Europe, and the Middle East are a close second with a $1.69 billion market value.
The EMEA market share follows with close to $1.7 billion in revenue for 2022.
We’re again seeing steady growth compared to 2020’s $991.9 million.
8. Fortinet’s Asia-Pacific (APAC) market sales reached $940.6 million in 2022.
Asia-Pacific (APAC) market sales came right after EMEA as the third most valuable region for Fortinet, with revenue of over $940 million.
The figure has almost doubled since 2020, which recorded only $525 million in sales.
Fortinet market share data by demographics
User demographics data is a valuable metric in revealing a company’s actual market share and influence in the industry worldwide.
9. The Fortinet website received 4.3 million visits between May and July of 2023.
Several utilities, including SimilarWeb, analyze the number of visits web pages and apps receive as a metric to determine their performance.
The Fortinet website received 4.3 million visits between May and July of 2023, with each session lasting seven minutes on average.
10. 74.48% of Fortinet’s users are male.
With men still occupying key positions in the tech industry, it makes sense that they’d be more interested in a company like Fortinet than women.
Accordingly, 74.48% of the Fortinet market share comprises its male audience.
11. Over 58% Fortinet’s website visitors are between 25 and 44 years old.
While different generations use various technologies differently, studies show millennials are more interested in technology than the rest.
As a result, 58% of the Fortinet market goes to users aged between 25 to 44 years old, creating the platform’s largest group of visitors.
The Fortinet market share data points to the popularity of this cybersecurity platform and its advantages worldwide.
The company delivers advanced threat protection, top performance, and high flexibility to meet the needs of all organizations.
Using Fortinet’s market share data, businesses and individuals can efficiently decide whether the tech company suits their requirements.
So, keep up with the latest data, study all cybersecurity providers, and opt for one that truly commits to the well-being of your digital touch.