Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help VPNCentral effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
For fans who can’t physically be at the stadium, NBA League Pass offers an alternative way to enjoy live games as they happen.
However, the streaming platform has certain restrictions for customers outside the US and Canada, and most of them have to rely on VPN and proxy services to bypass them.
Browse the web from multiple devices with industry-standard security protocols.
70% of our readers choose ExpressVPN
70% of our readers choose ExpressVPN
Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
Even with that, some people still get an out of country blocked error.
Apparently, it happens regardless of which VPN service you use. Many people complain that NordVPN and ExpressVPN aren’t working with NBA League Pass.
Why is NBA League Pass not working with your VPN
The reason why your VPN is not working is because it leaks your real location which triggers NBA League Passes geo-block.
The most common things that leak your real location when you connect to VPN include:
- Connecting to a previously flagged server
- DNS requests give away your location
- Accidentally connecting to a VPN server from an unsupported region
From what we could gather, these issues aren’t specific to one VPN or another.
However, there are some VPNs that are known for having issues with NBA Lague Pass. Many report NordVPN, ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and TunnelBear not working with NBA League Pass.
What to do if your VPN is not working with NBA League Pass
1. Use a different server
Before trying other solutions, confirm that you are using a server located in a supported region.
Also, some VPN IPs may have been blocked by NBA League. That’s because most VPN services assign random IPs to all their users, so you’ll be sharing your IP with someone else.
Here’s how to change the VPN server:
- Open your VPN app.
- Find your VPN server list.
- Select a country where NBA League Pass is available such as US and Canada.
- Try logging in to NBA League Pass.
2. Change DNS to fix leaks
Although VPN tries to conceal your using an encrypted tunnel, sometimes your DNS request might escape this tunnel and give away your real IP address.
To avoid this, you have to conduct frequent DNS leak tests.
Here’s how to do it:
- Turn off your VPN and go to dnsleaktest.com.
- Click to start the test and it will provide your IP, Hostname, ISP, and country. Without VPN, you’ll see your real location and the name of your ISP.
- Now turn on your VPN, pick any location, then revisit the page. If it shows you a different IP address and location, that means you’re leak-free. But if displays the same information, you have a leak.
To fix it, you can change your default DNS address. Fotunately, there are plenty of high-quality private DNS providers online and they offer their services for free.
Here’s how to change your DNS on a PC:
- Type control panel in the Windows search bar and click on it.
- Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Change adapter settings from the left side of the screen.
- Right-click on your active connection and choose Properties.
- Uncheck and re-check the box beside Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCIP/IPv4), then click Properties.
- In the new pop-up, select Use the following DNS server addresses. Type in the new addresses and click OK.
- Repeat the process for Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCIP/IPv6).
- Go back to NBA League Pass again. It should grant you access by now.
You can use free public DNS servers like:
- Google — 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
- Cloudflare — 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
- OpenDNS — 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11
- Quad9 — 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124.
3. Change your VPN provider
Now, if you still have trouble even after troubleshooting, it’s time to consider switching to another VPN.
It’s important to use a truly reliable service. So if you have the possibility to end your current subscription or trial, then try it in favor of a better service.
For NBA League Pass, we recommend Private Internet Access.
Its ability to bypass the toughest geo-block and its large server coverage makes it the best for streaming League Pass.
Here’s how to use it:
- Subscribe to PIA and download the app.
- Install the app on your computer.
- Log in and locate the server list.
- Select and connect to a supported server like US.
- Go back to League Pass and start streaming.
Private Internet AccessUnblock NBA League Pass to watch every playoff game and other exclusive content on the platform!
The simple trick to fixing NBA League Pass not working with VPN is to go to the root of the problem. In most cases, it’s just a server issue, but it may also be a DNS leak.
However, with these solutions, you should be able to access NBA League Pass in no time.