You’re not alone if you are trying to access your favorite video-on-demand platform and suddenly realize that 7plus is not working with ExpressVPN. Don’t worry, we got your back.
There are many possible reasons. One of the main ones is that the streaming service has blocked your VPN’s IP addresses.
The service tries to fight back against VPN usage to protect its content from copyright licensing issues. It’s also possible that somebody else who uses ExpresVPN has violated their policy and got the IP blocked.
Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
Secure multiple devices and enjoy stable connections anywhere.
Price convenient VPN service with all-rounded security features.
Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
Browse the web from multiple devices with industry-standard security protocols.
Bypassing geo-blocks is not the only reason you may use a VPN on 7plus. It also can improve streaming quality and Internet speed, and good services like Express VPN can help you fight ISP bandwidth limits.
Here is how you will be able to fix 7plus not working with Express VPN so that you can continue to watch all of your favorite content outside of Australia.
Is Express VPN legal in Australia?
Express VPN and any other VPNs are legal in Australia. There are no official laws or policies that forbid tunneling your Internet traffic using a virtual private network (VPN).
So why can’t I access 7plus with Express VPN? you may wonder. Because the streaming service uses geofencing technologies that block VPNs when detected.
Simply put, although VPNs are not, by all means, illegal in Australia, some services are only locally available.
The streaming platform 7plus only has licensing rights applicable in Australia. If it allows the distribution of its contents across the border, it risks breaking copyright laws.
That is why it blacklists VPN IPs if it detects them, which has been the case for some ExpressVPN servers. But there are ways to overcome that and regain access to the platform.
Best ways to fix 7plus not working with ExpressVPN
1. Re-Install Express VPN
- Type Programs and features in the taskbar and click on the result to open it.
- Find Express VPN in the list of programs. Right-click on it and select Uninstall.
- Restart your device to make sure all changes take effect.
- Download the Express VPN app from the official website. Pick the corresponding app for your device, we used a Windows PC.
- Follow the installation prompts then launch the app and log in.
- Connect to an Australian VPN server and try to open 7plus again and start streaming your favorite content.
If you use another device like an Android Smart TV, the process is similar. Find the ExpressVPN app, uninstall it and then head to the official PlayStore listing and reinstall it to your PC.
When you reinstall Express VPN, it will give you access to all its new servers and IP addresses which you might have missed if you used an older version. It also helps fix any possible file corruption.
If you have not updated the app in a while, there is a possibility that the Australian IP addresses it has have been blacklisted by 7plus. If you still have problems, try switching to a different Australian server.
2. Use another VPN service
If you keep getting blocked, you may be better off with a different VPN. We suggest PIA because it has a huge network of servers. You get more IP addresses so the chance of landing on a blocked one is way lower.
Step by Step Process to Install PIA VPN and access 7plus
- Download Private Internet Access from their official website.
- Once you have downloaded the software, install it on your device.
- When the installation is complete, launch the app, head to the Account section, and log in with your credentials. (If you don’t have an account yet, you might need to create one and get a subscription)
- Now, connect to any server of your choice in Australia. We recommend that you connect to a server with the lowest PING Australia (As PIA VPN offers multiple server locations in Australia) so that you can easily unblock 7plus.
- After you have connected to the server, open 7plus in your web browser and start streaming your favorite content.
Private Internet Access is a good alternative if ExpressVPN is not working with 7plus because it has dedicated servers for streaming, so it’s perfect to unlock 7plus.
A major benefit to using this VPN with 7plus is the Adblocker. As you probably know, 7plus is an ad-supported streaming service. Enable this feature for seamless streaming.
It also has an advanced killswitch, over 35 000 servers across the globe, 24/7 customer support, and many more handy features.
3. Clear your cookies
Clear cookies in Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the More menu icon in the top right corner.
- Click on More Tools and then Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. We recommend you select the All-time option.
- Check the Cookies and other site data box and click on Clear data.
Clear cookies in Opera
- Open the browser and click on the Opera logo in the top left corner to open the menu.
- Select Settings and click on Delete Private Data.
- Select Delete session cookies and Delete all cookies, then click on the Delete button.
Clear cookies in Firefox
- Open Firefox and select the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Click Firefox, then Preferences.
- Select Settings, then Privacy & Security.
- Go to the Cookies and Site Data section.
- Select Clear Data.
- In the pop-up prompt, select Clear.
If your user account accesses the websites from many different locations it signals either that you use a VPN or that your account has been hacked, both of which are common reasons to get your IP blocked, especially by a highly restrictive platform like 7plus.
7plus is a great platform to watch Australian shows, and as opposed to many other video-on-demand services, it’s free.
Despite the platform’s efforts to block VPN usage, you can still securely connect to ExpressVPN and enjoy 7plus from anywhere in the world.
The VPN can also improve your overall streaming speed and allow you to watch as much content as you like, given the fact that it offers unlimited bandwidth.
We hope our guide helped you regain access to 7plus, and if you have any questions or other tips that may help people facing the same problem, feel free to use the comment section below.