Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help VPNCentral effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Listening to iHeartRadio outside the US is challenging.
The platform currently only allows listeners located in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, and New Zealand.
Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
70% of our readers choose Private Internet Access
70% of our readers choose ExpressVPN
Browse the web from multiple devices with industry-standard security protocols.
Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
Thankfully, you can trick the platform’s geo-detection systems by using a VPN service to hide your actual location and appear as if you were accessing iHeartRadio from a supported place.
Continue reading to find out how you can use a VPN to bypass geo-restrictions and listen to iHeartRadio even if it’s not officially available in your country.
How do I listen to iHeartRadio outside the US?
Listen to iHeartRadio using a VPN
- Get an ExpressVPN subscription and download the app for your device.
- Find the download location and click on the file to install it.
- Launch the VPN app and log in with your credentials.
- Go to the list of available countries and pick one in which iHeartRadio is available (United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, and New Zealand.).
- Select a VPN server location in one of those countries.
- Connect to a VPN server in the chosen location.
- Open the iHeartRadio app and start listening to your favorite music, shows, and podcasts on the iHeartRadio app.
N.B. Don’t forget to connect to a VPN server in a country that is supported by iHeartRadio. Additionally, you should stay connected to the VPN all the time during your streaming sessions.
Here’s how to listen to iHeartRadio on your smartphone or tablet
Below, we used the same VPN service – ExpressVPN – since it’s very versatile and supports multiple devices.
- Get a VPN subscription, then launch Google Play Store on your phone.
- Once you find the ExpressVPN app, tap on Install.
- After the installation is complete, tap on Open.
- Tap on a server located in a country where iHeartRadio is available.
- Connect to ExpressVPN US servers on your mobile or tablet.
- Now the connection with the VPN server should be successfully established.
- If you want to disconnect the VPN, you can do so by simply tapping on the power button.
If you want to stream local content from other cities or countries, simply connect to a server in those locations. Then, the channels will show automatically in the streaming app, you’ve already allowed location access.
VPNs to Listen iHeartRadio Internationally
1. ExpressVPN – Best to unblock streaming content
ExpressVPN is a dependable and versatile VPN to confidently use for iHeartRadio in the UK without worrying about geo-barriers.
2. Private Internet Access – Quick server connection
Private Internet Access (PIA) is a highly-reputable VPN service that is very efficient at circumventing geo-restrictions. It allows you to listen to iHeartRadio in the UK, or any restricted country as if you were located in a supported country.
3. NordVPN – Impressive server coverage
NordVPN affords lightning-fast connections that are necessary for streaming without buffering or delays. Therefore, the fact that it’s very fast, along with its powerful anti-geoblocking features, makes it an excellent VPN for listening to iHeartRadio outside the US.
4. Surfshark – Great connection for any device
Surfshark is another reputable VPN service that you can rely on to listen to iHeartRadio from outside the US.
The VPNs included on the list represent the top of the line in the industry. And even though you can’t use them for free, we believe you’ll get a lot of bang for your buck by choosing any of them.
Is iHeart Radio blocked in the UK?
In terms of just accessing the platform’s website, the answer to this question is a double-edged sword. While you can access iHeartRadio’s main site outside the supported countries, including the UK, you can only listen to podcasts or read the news.
Consequently, if you’ve had it with geo-blocking when trying to listen to iHeartRadio in the UK or watch any other restricted streaming services for that matter, feel free to use a trusted VPN.
Thankfully, you can trick the platform’s geo-detection systems by using a VPN service to bypass geo-blocking and listen to iHeartRadio app in the UK without restrictions.
For iHeartRadio to give you a pass outside the US, you’ll need to pick a VPN location in a country where the streaming service is available.
A virtual private network (VPN) lets you change your original IP address by connecting to a VPN server in a certain location in the UK servers.
In conclusion, we are very confident that you will manage to get around any geo-restrictions and listen to iHeartRadio outside the US after applying the methods presented above.