Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help VPNCentral effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Is TiviMate not working for you all of a sudden? There are many potential causes behind the issue, as you will learn below. Luckily, it’s rather easy to fix with the correct instructions.
So, follow our simple step-by-step guidelines to continue streaming. We’ll also explain why this problem occurs in the first place.
Browse the web from multiple devices with industry-standard security protocols.
70% of our readers choose ExpressVPN
70% of our readers choose ExpressVPN
Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
Let’s get down to business.
Why is TiviMate not working?
Several reasons can cause this player app to malfunction:
- Wi-Fi connection issues
- ISP blocking IPTV services
- Choosing a geo-blocked VPN server
- Router blocking IPTV URL
- Storage problems
- Device setup
- VPN incompatibility.
Additionally, if TiviMate is restricted in your region, you won’t be able to access the video player. You’ll get an error message instead.
Furthermore, many users complained about the service not working after certain updates. In that case, you should check that you have the latest version installed.
You’ll also likely encounter error codes 521 and 500. Let’s take a closer look at what they are and how to resolve them.
TiviMate Error code 521
Error 521 prevents the service from connecting to the streaming servers. This can occur due to several reasons, including:
- Server unavailability — They could be offline or undergoing maintenance.
- Unexpected server malfunctions cause them to refuse incoming connection requests.
- The VPN tunneling protocol you have chosen doesn’t provide adequate encryption.
- Your subscription is expired.
- Your TiviMate app is misconfigured.
However, you can do the following to fix it:
- Double-check if you have an active subscription.
- Confirm your internet is working properly. Do a speed test if necessary.
- Check TiviMate’s service status for any network issues.
- Switch VPN tunneling options to the fastest and most secure protocols, like WireGuard, OpenVPN, and IKEv2.
- Uninstall and then install the app again.
If all else fails, reach out to your IPTV provider.
TiviMate Error code 500
Error 500 refers to an unexpected server issue that stops TiviMate from working. It prevents streaming for some or all channels.
Potential causes include:
- Server reconfiguration by your IPTV provider
- Sudden failure of streaming servers
- Services might be offline
- Network challenges in establishing a connection
- Cache build-up.
You can use these tips to fix error code 500:
- Clear the cache and restart the app.
- Reconfigure the IPTV settings.
- Check your internet connection status.
How do you get TiviMate to work?
So, now that you know all about the causes, it’s time to get to work. Here’s how to fix TiviMate not working in a few steps:
1. Use a VPN
If TiviMate is restricted in your region, the best way to regain access to it is via VPN. You should use a reliable provider that offers thousands of strong and fast servers.
We recommend Private Internet Access. It has over 30,000 servers across 84 countries. That way, you’ll have plenty of options to choose from.
Here’s how to use it:
- Get a PIA VPN subscription and download the app. Log in with your credentials.
- Click the server button to access the list of available global servers.
- Select a Server.
- Connect and then open the TiviMate app.
Private Internet AccessMake TiviMate work by improving your connection with PIA VPN!
2. Restart the TiviMate app
A restart will get rid of bugs and unnecessary temp data that accumulate over time. We also recommend you do the same on the device you’re using.
Here’s a quick rundown:
- Close the TiviMate app.
- Restart your device.
- Connect to the Internet.
- Open the player app again.
3. Clear Data and Cache
Another possible cause of TiviMate not working could be storage capacity. After all, the service requires considerable space to store data and cache.
In that case, you should:
- Open the Settings panel.
- Select Apps.
- Scroll down to TiviMate.
- Select it.
- Tap the Clear cache option.
4. Check WiFi Connection
This might surprise you, but your WiFi configuration might be to blame. It can block streaming platforms from working.
So, you should check your WiFi setup or connect to another network to be certain.
If you’re on a PC, we recommend using an Ethernet cable to see if the issue persists. Also, try accessing other apps and contact your ISP.
5. Update TiViMate
Finally, you’re maybe using an outdated app that’s buggy. If that’s the case, you should get the latest version of the app.
- Open the Google Play store.
- Click on the profile icon.
- Select Manage apps.
- Go to Apps with an update available.
- See if TiviMate is on the list and select Update.
TiviMate not working is mostly caused by problems with your network. Still, there are other things that can have an impact on the app.
So, make sure you always keep it up to date and free up enough memory space. Alternatively, a trustworthy TiViMate VPN will help you if you’re troubled by geo-restrictions.
Follow our instructions and you’ll be watching your favorite TV shows again in no time!