Larger server networks are highly desired, as they ensure faster speeds and higher efficiency at bypassing geo-blocking, namely, accessing content from different regions restriction-free.
For this reason, we compiled a comprehensive list of 41 VPNs and their offers, along with other important information.
Why is the number of VPN servers important?
The following are examples of when the number of VPN servers really makes a difference.
➡️Speed: VPN speed is very important, but it decreases with distance. As such, having access to more servers closer to your location will help you maintain an optimal connection speed.
➡️Network congestion: When more users connect to the same VPN server, it becomes overcrowded. But, if there are other servers with a lower load, you may connect to those instead.
➡️Geo-blocking: In this case sever distribution is also important. For instance, the more servers available across multiple areas, the more chances you have to access restricted content.
➡️IP bans: Except for dedicated IPs, you’ll share the VPN IP with other users. Sometimes, those IPs might get banned. But, if there are other servers available to connect, you’ll get around the blocks.
Which VPNs have the most servers?
The VPN market is expanding very rapidly nowadays. High censorship, restrictions, geo-blocking, and security threats make Internet users turn to these services.
Unfortunately, not all VPNs available on the market are trustworthy. Many do not offer what they advertise on their official websites and have a shady reputation.
That’s why we included in the extensive list of 41 VPN services only those that are reliable and safe to use.
In doing so, besides checking their official websites, reading multiple reviews, and gathering feedback from current or former customers, we also tested each of these services independently.
41 tested VPNs with the most servers available
|1.||Private Internet Access||Kape Technologies||US||30,000+|
|2.||Turbo VPN||Innovative Connecting.||Singapore||21,000+|
|3.||CyberGhost VPN||Kape Technologies||Romania||9,000+|
|4.||PureVPN||GZ Systems||British Virgin Islands||6,500+|
|7.||Bitdefender Premium VPN||Bitdefender||Romania||4,000+|
|8.||Ivacy VPN||PMG Private||Singapore||3,500+|
|10.||ExpressVPN||Kape Technologies||British Virgin Islands||3,000+|
|17.||Norton Secure VPN||NortonLifeLock||US||2,000+|
|18.||McAfee Safe Connect VPN||McAfee||US||2,000+|
|21.||Avira Phantom VPN||Avira Operations||Germany||1,400+|
|27.||Atlas VPN||Nord Security||US||750+|
|29.||Avast SecureLine VPN||Avast Software||Czech Republic||700+|
|30.||AVG Secure VPN||Avast Software||Czech Republic||700+|
|31.||Malwarebytes Privacy VPN||Malwarebytes||US||500+|
|35.||Panda Security VPN||Panda Security||Spain||200+|
|37.||Perfect Privacy||Vectura Datamanagement||Switzerland||50+|
|39.||F-Secure Freedome VPN||F-Secure Corporation||Finland||28|
🌎Which VPNs have the most servers in the US?
VPN services that offer the most servers and locations in the US are highly sought-after since that is a place where the Internet and technology flourish.
Many sites, apps, streaming services, gaming platforms, and other web resources are available in the US exclusively. Also, some of them are only available in certain US states.
Therefore, if you’re traveling or living outside the country, you’ll need a reliable VPN with many US servers.
Below, you have a list of the ten best options.
- Private Internet Access: PIA is the only VPN to cover all US states with servers in 53 locations in 50 states + D.C.
- Hotspot Shield: Its servers are spread across 25 locations in 18 states + D.C. Also, it includes both streaming and gaming servers.
- IPVanish: It provides 1,100+ servers distributed over 20 locations in 18 states. In addition, it shows the ping and server load values for each server.
- Surfshark: The service comes with 600+ servers in 25 locations in 17 states + D.C.
- ExpressVPN: ExpressVPN has wide coverage in the US, with servers in 24 locations in 17 states + D.C.
- NordVPN: More than 2,300 servers in 16 locations across 13 states make NordVPN one of the best VPNs for the US.
- ProtonVPN: You’ll get access to 400+ servers in 14 locations in 12 states + D.C. Besides, it includes specialized servers for streaming and P2P.
- Ivacy VPN: With 1,900+ servers in 14 locations across 12 states + D.C., Ivacy VPN ensures that you’ll have plenty of options to connect.
- PureVPN: This VPN service boasts 1,800+ servers in 13 locations in 11 states + D.C.
- CyberGhost VPN: Of the 1,300+ servers in 11 locations in 9 states, some are streaming-optimized and will help you easily unblock streaming platforms from anywhere.
🌍Which VPNs have the most servers in the UK?
If you’re looking for a VPN that has the most servers in the UK, take a quick look at the following list.
- ExpressVPN – servers in 5 locations (Docklands, East London, London Midlands, Wembley)
- NordVPN – 650 servers in 4 locations (Edinburgh, Glasgow, London, Manchester)
- Surfshark – 360 servers in 4 locations (Edinburgh, Glasgow, London, Manchester)
- IPVanish – 100+ servers in 4 locations (Birmingham, Glasgow, London, Manchester)
- Private Internet Access – servers in 3 locations (London, Southampton, Manchester)
- CyberGhost VPN: 754 servers in 3 locations (Berkshire, London, Manchester)
- PureVPN – 600+ servers in 2 locations (London, Manchester)
- Ivacy VPN – 510+ servers in 2 locations (London, Manchester)
- ZenMate – 269 servers in 2 locations (London, Manchester)
- ProtonVPN – 64 servers in 2 locations (London, Manchester)
🆓Which free VPNs have the most servers available?
There are VPNs in the above table that include limited free trials lasting from a few days to a month. Generally, these trials allow full accessibility to the VPN server network and features.
Also, some products include free versions that you can use. However, most of them come with limitations in terms of server and feature availability.
Below, you have a list of well-known VPN services that have the most servers, countries, and locations available on their free plans.
- McAfee Safe Connect VPN: Gives you access to VPN servers in 48 locations in 48 countries. However, the McAfee VPN free plan is limited to 250MB of data per month.
- TunnelBear: It’s very generous, allowing access to servers in 50 locations in 47 countries.
- Avira Phantom VPN: The mobile VPN apps include free servers in 50 locations in 36 countries. Unfortunately, only 1 location in 1 country is available on the desktop apps.
- Windscribe: This VPN offers free servers that are spread over 29 locations in 11 countries.
- PrivadoVPN: It has a very decent free plan that lets you connect to servers in 12 locations in 9 countries.
- hide.me: The VPN has server coverage in 9 locations from 8 countries.
- ZoogVPN: You may connect to VPN servers in 5 locations in 5 countries.
- Turbo VPN: While it doesn’t come with data caps, the free version only allows connections to VPN servers in 4 locations in 4 countries.
- ProtonVPN: The Proton VPN Free plan includes 300+ servers spread across 3 locations in 3 countries.
- Atlas VPN: It has servers in 3 locations in 2 countries.
Are free VPNs secure?
Top VPNs that also offer a free version generally ensure the same level of encryption as you get with the premium subscription. As such, they won’t compromise your privacy and security at all.
The differences between free and premium plans are usually reflected in the number of servers, countries, locations, and connections available, as well as other specific VPN features.
It’s important when probing the market to consider which are the VPNs with the most servers.
That way, you’ll be able to get IP addresses from any location you need to bypass geo-restrictions or access local content.
However, don’t forget to keep in mind other essential factors like server distribution, additional features, and price.