The battle-royale cross-platform game Fortnite is blocked in certain countries, such as China or Iraq. But that doesn’t stop Chinese or Iraqi users from playing it.
It’s quite possible to unblock Fortnite in your country by hiding your geo-location and changing your IP address with a VPN.
On the other hand, you might hit another brick wall: a VPN kick and a Fortnite ban. If your computer screen shows the following message, you’re most likely looking for a Fortnite VPN error fix.
You were removed from the match due to internet lag, your IP or machine, VPN usage, or for cheating. We recommend not utilizing VPN or proxy services while attempting to play Fortnite.
Fortnite VPN kick would occur between dropping off the Battle Bus and about a minute into the game in Battle Royale.
You may be kicked to the game mode selection screen shortly after being able to play Save The World. The reason for the kick could be that you are not using the proper VPN to play Fortnite.
Other reasons may be overloaded Fortnite servers, bad internet connection, ISP packet loss, firewall configuration, and other players employing DDoS attacks. All of this can be resolved with additional in-game settings and a compatible VPN for gaming.
And if you’re interested in avoiding similar gaming-related issues, check out the following quick guides:
- Easily Resolve the Can’t Connect to Rust Server Issue
- GeForce Now Not Available in Your Region [Fixed In 5 Steps]
- 5 Ways to Fix Game Pass is Not Available in Your Region
Can you get banned for using a VPN on Fortnite?
Yes, Epic Games is actively monitoring Fortnite players and banning the ones using VPN or proxy servers to disguise their true location and play the game in countries where it’s blocked.
It’s not the publisher’s fault since it must comply with the laws of each country.
The problem occurs regardless of platform, so you need to find a way to fix the Fortnite VPN error for PC, Android, iOS, or other mobile devices.
Another scenario involves Fortnite players who try to cheat and bypass the initial IP ban by connecting to an IP address provided by a VPN server.
The Epic Games Terms of Service doesn’t explicitly ban VPN or proxy usage, however, but many users report a Fortnite VPN proxy error.
However, if the ban is permanent, you must create a new account using a different IP address. That means that you must connect to a VPN server before creating a new Fortnite account.
And, if you’re experiencing packet loss issues with this game, discover how to fix Fortnite upload packet loss in just a few simple steps.
You should also check out the best VPNs for Fortnite to improve ping.
Why does Fortnite ban players?
There are two types of bans: temporary and permanent.
➡️If you got a temporary ban in Fortnite, you only need to change your IP address and simply wait until the deadline expires.
➡️If you get a Fortnite IP ban for no reason, it can also relate to VPN. Either the connection has been evaluated as suspicious, or another player using your VPN has broken the regulations.
Without trying to burst the bubble, the best way to get rid of the Fortnite VPN error and bypass the IP ban is to drop the VPN and play the game normally. This only works if you received a temporary ban, though.
If you need to unblock Fortnite in your country and get around the permanent ban, the easiest Fortnite VPN error fix is to turn to a reliable VPN. And we can’t think of a more suitable service for the job than ExpressVPN.
How do I stop getting kicked on Fortnite for VPN?
1. Reinstall EasyAntiCheat and BattlEye
- Open Task Manager by right-clicking on the Taskbar.
- In the Processes tab, make sure to end all Fortnite and Epic Games processes which could still be running in the background.
- Open up your File Explorer and navigate to the drive on which you saved Fortnite.
- Go to: Program Files > Fortnite > FortniteGame > Binaries > Win64.
- In this folder, scroll down and make sure to delete the three FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping applications.
- Open up the EasyAntiCheat folder and double-click the EasyAntiCheat_Setup application.
- Select Uninstall the Easy Anti Cheat app, which will take a few seconds to complete.
- You can then close this window and your File Explorer.
- In order to reinstall the missing files, open up your Epic Games launcher.
- In your game library, click on the burger menu for Fortnite and select Verify.
- In this step, you will be reinstalling missing files from Fortnite that were causing problems.
2. Uninstall WindowBlinds
Some people have reported applications like WindowBlinds 10 causing problems with BattleEye.
- Open Control Panel.
- Search for the WindowBlinds app and Uninstall it.
- Revert back to Windows default themes.
- Restart the PC.
- Verify in Task Manager if EasyAntiCheat and BattlEye are running.
- Try launching Fortnite again.
We also recommend rebooting without WindowBlinds before uninstalling to ensure that any locked files are removed.
If you’ve added more skins, you’ll need to delete the Program Files >Stardock Object > Desktop WindowBlinds directory to get rid of them. We took the safe route with the uninstall and did not attempt to remove any additional files.
3. Install an undetectable VPN
- Sign up for a suitable VPN subscription. (We recommend ExpressVPN).
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Launch the tool and sign in with your credentials.
- Go to Options and in the General tab make sure the Network Lock is checked on both boxes.
- Connect to a VPN server.
- Start playing Fortnite as usual.
If Fortnite is blocked in your country, you must connect to a VPN server outside of your region.
We used ExpressVPN in our example above because it provides the most dependable Fortnite VPN error fix.
What’s more, ExpressVPN can protect up to 5 devices at the same time. It’s compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS.
ExpressVPN has also made open-source leak tests available, allowing you to probe the VPN connection for various leaks, including DNS leaks.
This means you’ll always be safe whether you’re gaming, streaming, or torrenting. When the ExpressVPN app says you’re protected, you can be confident that your DNS requests aren’t leaking to your ISP, allowing for smooth tunneling through the VPN.
You can even set it up on your router to share your VPN account with all connected devices.
ExpressVPNNo DNS leaks, and no ISP throttling thus more hours of playing without connection issues.
4. Uninstall and reinstall Fortnite
- Launch the Epic Games Launcher and go to the Library on the left pane.
- Find the Fortnite game on the list.
- Click the settings on the Fortnite thumbnail, and in the popped-up window select Uninstall.
- Download a new installer from the Epic Games launcher.
- Install the game in the manner specified.
- Examine the binary directory to ensure that all executables are present.
There are multiple ways in which users can get banned from Fortnite or Epic Games. Depending on the rules and regulations you break, you can either get banned on your account, IP or hardware.
If you get IP banned, switching to a VPN solution will fix the problem. For account or hardware banns you will have to create another account, respectively use another device.